There are 191 users in the forums

2015 Atlanta Braves Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by valrod33:
cant believe we are gonna get swept by the Mariners and fall to 0-6 vs the Red Sox and Ms. I dont know what to make of this team right now., its frustrating

Pretty simple... the lineup sucks. 25th in average and OBP and 29th in runs scored. Really its a testament to their manager and their pitching that the Braves remain in first place. The big money mistakes with Uggla and Upton kind of crippled their offense.

Its not being able to get the runs that is the problem, AVG and OBP is very similar to the Giants, you guys are just getting the runners in when you get the chance. Uggla doesnt even play anymore so outsiders need to quit putting the problems on him
How's my boy Erloss doing
cant believe we are gonna get swept by the Mariners and fall to 0-6 vs the Red Sox and Ms. I dont know what to make of this team right now., its frustrating

Pretty simple... the lineup sucks. 25th in average and OBP and 29th in runs scored. Really its a testament to their manager and their pitching that the Braves remain in first place. The big money mistakes with Uggla and Upton kind of crippled their offense.

Its not being able to get the runs that is the problem, AVG and OBP is very similar to the Giants, you guys are just getting the runners in when you get the chance. Uggla doesnt even play anymore so outsiders need to quit putting the problems on him

Yes. Second to last in all of baseball in runs scored. Way too many strikeouts with the Upton boys (tied for 2nd for most in all of baseball). I dont know if this team will score enough to win the division and obviously the pitching will have to carry them. Just my opinion.

Yes. Second to last in all of baseball in runs scored. Way too many strikeouts with the Upton boys (tied for 2nd for most in all of baseball). I dont know if this team will score enough to win the division and obviously the pitching will have to carry them. Just my opinion.

I dont even buy the Strikeouts argument anymore either, just using you guys as an example again. Braves only have 6 more strikeouts going in to todays games than you guys, i dont feel like looking it up but i bet you guys have a better avg with RISP than us.

For whatever reason the Braves just cant get the guys in once they get on.

Bj was in original lineup but was scratched
David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves 47s #Braves B.J. Upton scratched because flight from Tampa later than expected. His wife delivered baby yesterday. Everyone well.
We just lost 2 of 3 to the d backs. This team officially sucks. The 2nd half of the year is gonna be rough.

I dont even buy the Strikeouts argument anymore either, just using you guys as an example again. Braves only have 6 more strikeouts going in to todays games than you guys, i dont feel like looking it up but i bet you guys have a better avg with RISP than us.

For whatever reason the Braves just cant get the guys in once they get on.

Last season the Braves had the 3rd highest K% as an offense, and the Giants had the 27th highest.

This year, the Braves have the 2nd highest K%, and the Giants have the 8th highest. The only difference in our offense is were scoring WAY more often this year. Its pretty much solely because of Hicks and Morse. Both have combined for 63 RBI's and 119 K's. If Scutaro had been playing, hed have about 10 K's right now, instead of Hicks with 63.

The Braves just cant expect to generate consistent offense with that many high K guys.

As BABIP represents, the normal avg. for a hitter when he puts the ball into play is .300. So when you have a bunch of guys who struggle to put the ball in play, you arent going to get on base much. The Braves team OB% is .302, which is good for 26th.

I'm jealous bro. That's awesome though. I love the jersey too.
Cool!
what a crazy ass game. Shae Simmons is really good and one Walden gets back into the swings of things i dont think we will be blowing anymore late leads, Sounds like Justin Upton might be out a few games
what a crazy ass game. Shae Simmons is really good and one Walden gets back into the swings of things i dont think we will be blowing anymore late leads, Sounds like Justin Upton might be out a few games

How about the other Simmons first career Grand Salami! Wooohooo!
Originally posted by NJNiner:

How about the other Simmons first career Grand Salami! Wooohooo!

that was awesome
Share 49ersWebzone