Mike Minor
Julio Teheran
Brandon Beachy
Alex Wood

Complete 40 man roster is here
http://mlb.mlb.com/team/roster_40man.jsp?c_id=atl

Guys to keep an eye on
Lefty Ryan Buchter
David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves This winter in Mexican League, #Braves lefty relief hopeful Buchter had 0.69 ERA, .116 OA, 26K and 8 BB in 13 IP.
David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves Keep an eye on #Braves rookie lefty Ryan Buchter. 103 K in 62 IP at AAA Gwinnett, limited lefty hitters to .124 avg and .466 OPS.

and
RHP Luis Vasquez
David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves #Braves RH sidearmer Luis Vasquez in Dom. Winter League: 1.15 ERA, 20 games, 19 K, 3 BB, 4 H in 15-2/3 innings. FB 94-96 MPH

Non-Roster invitees
http://mlb.mlb.com/team/roster_nri.jsp?c_id=atl
Tommy La Stella is the name to watch here, he probably wont make the club coming out of spring but if Uggla struggles again. Pastornicky and La Stella might get their shot at 2B

There is no way B.J Upton and Dan Uggla can play as bad as they did last year, can they?
Brandon Beachy coming back healthy will be huge. Gonna be interesting to see what Gavin Floyd does if he can get healthy. That would probably move Wood back to the pen. Cant wait for baseball season to start. Go Braves

[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 3, 2014 at 12:22 PM ]
Great way to start the thread!
Atlanta Braves ‏@Braves The Braves have agreed to terms with outfielder Jason Heyward on a two-year contract, avoiding salary arbitration.

Glad they were able to get a deal done. it was pretty dumb for them to go to arbitration with only a 300K difference

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS Jason Heyward gets $13.3M for 2 yrs #braves

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS heyward gets $1M signing bonus, $4.5M in '14 and $7.8M in '15. #braves
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 4, 2014 at 9:35 AM ]
@jonmorosi Freddie Freeman and Braves close to announcing a multiyear contract extension, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS Freddie Freeman and braves agree on extension. @Ken_Rosenthal and @jonmorosi 1st reported close.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:19 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
@jonmorosi Freddie Freeman and Braves close to announcing a multiyear contract extension, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS Freddie Freeman and braves agree on extension. @Ken_Rosenthal and @jonmorosi 1st reported close.

Hell yes!
on Morosi ‏@jonmorosi Freddie Freeman's extension with Braves will be for huge dollars. One source told me it is in $100 million range. @FOXSports1
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 46m One source said Freddie Freeman's extension could be as much as $125 million over eight years when it is done. @FOXSports1
Got to worry next is Kimbrel.
Originally posted by robniner:
Got to worry next is Kimbrel.

I doubt we sign Kimbrel to a multi year deal, We will go to arbitration with him this year, If he wins arbitration and gets 9 million we will trade him next offseason,
These contracts are just crazy. I get it but I still just shake my head.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Byisgod:

Hell yes!
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by Byisgod:

Hell yes!

Won't be long now! GO BRAVES!!!
What's the situation with the TV deal thus far? Now a key in roster spending.
Braves are like the KKK.................... Uggla, Upton, and Upton... The Strikeout boys.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home