LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Baseball coming to Australia

• slip
  • Veteran
As the cricket season in summer comes to an end and the football season is about to start, the Arizona Diamondbacks v LA Dodgers will play at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Don't know much about baseball. Who should I support? Aren't the Dodgers from Brooklyn? I heard about that in a movie. Lol What's a diamondback? Is that like the Australian redback spider?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • slip
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

I'm trying to be serious. Lol Like I said, I don't know much about baseball. I'm watching cricket right now. Didn't Joe DiMaggio play for LA? Seriously, I have no idea.
Lol. You are a little outdated on your baseball knowledge. If you're serious you're better off just googling this. The dodgers play in Los Angeles and a diamondback is a snake
Also the cardinals are the worst team in baseball history and Mike trout is the best player of all time.
  • slip
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Lol. You are a little outdated on your baseball knowledge. If you're serious you're better off just googling this. The dodgers play in Los Angeles and a diamondback is a snake

Cool thanks. lol The game is the 22nd March. I guess it will be shown on free to air TV.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Also the cardinals are the worst team in baseball history and Mike trout is the best player of all time.

This, especially the first part
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Yep. They're terrible.

• slip
  • Veteran
Just googled Cardinals. St Louis! I was thinking Arizona Cardinals, but they play football. Lucky I didn't try to correct you. Lol Let me think about the SF Giants without googling. 2 titles?
Originally posted by slip:
Just googled Cardinals. St Louis! I was thinking Arizona Cardinals, but they play football. Lucky I didn't try to correct you. Lol Let me think about the SF Giants without googling. 2 titles?

Originally posted by jrg:
Yep. They're terrible.

Well look at Molina he is crying because they suck so bad and the rest of the team is rushing the field because they saw a puppy run onto the field and want to pet it.

Also yes slip the Giants have won twice in San Francisco.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jan 17, 2014 at 2:21 AM ]

• slip
  • Veteran
And everyone chews tobacco. Lol Tonight has been educational. I must say, hitting a ball at a 100 miles an hour with a bat thinner than a cricket bat must take quite some skill. I do know hitting the ball not in the field is a foul.
Originally posted by slip:
As the cricket season in summer comes to an end and the football season is about to start, the Arizona Diamondbacks v LA Dodgers will play at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Don't know much about baseball. Who should I support? Aren't the Dodgers from Brooklyn? I heard about that in a movie. Lol What's a diamondback? Is that like the Australian redback spider?

Just dont become a Dodger fan. Terrible choice.
Join a fantasy baseball league to learn more.
Isn't it insanely hot and humid there right now? Would suck to play ball outdoors... my co-worker from Australia said that everyone tries to leave during the summer because its that nasty
This thread made me chuckle. Joe Dimaggio in LA.
Share 49ersWebzone