LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

2014 NBA Draft Thread

Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Wiggins is so much more than just a kid that can jump really high.

You don't draft based on who is best player today. You draft based on who will be the best player 3 years from now. IMO...if Wiggins is coached properly - he'll be the better player.

He doesn't have the IT factor. Some things can't be quantified and Jabari has all of those qualities.

Last time I heard someone had the IT factor, his name was Mark Sanchez. I laugh at people and their "it factor" argument.

With that being said, I like these guys in this order:

Jabari Parker - Think Carmelo but with Durant's shooting skills.
Andrew Wiggins - Unreal potential, but I think footwork & jumpshot needs to be improved
Joel Embiid - He's like a 7 foot version of Shawn Kemp
Dante Exum - Silky smooth tall long armed point guard in the Penny Hardaway mode.
Marcus Smart - A buffer version of James Harden; potentially better.
Zach Levine - a more athletic longer version of Russell Westbrook
Aaron Gordon - Blake Griffin that can handle the ball
Julius Randle - Zach Randolph clone but with jumping ability.

This draft will be the best in decades in my opinion. Too bad the W's don't even have a pick.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 5, 2014 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by kronik:

You don't draft based on who is best player today. You draft based on who will be the best player 3 years from now. IMO...if Wiggins is coached properly - he'll be the better player.

He doesn't have the IT factor. Some things can't be quantified and Jabari has all of those qualities.

Last time I heard someone had the IT factor, his name was Mark Sanchez. I laugh at people and their "it factor" argument.

Andrew Wiggins - Unreal potential, but I think footwork & jumpshot needs to be improved
Dante Exum - Silky smooth tall long armed point guard in the Penny Hardaway mode.

This draft will be the best in decades in my opinion. Too bad the W's don't even have a pick.

I don't understand the Zach Lavine hype, personally. He's a lot closer to Shannon Brown than he is to Russell Westbrook, IMO. The only reason there's Westbrook comparisons is that he goes to UCLA. He doesn't even handle the ball all that much.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I don't understand the Zach Lavine hype, personally. He's a lot closer to Shannon Brown than he is to Russell Westbrook, IMO. The only reason there's Westbrook comparisons is that he goes to UCLA. He doesn't even handle the ball all that much.

And he certainly isnt more athletic than Westbrook who might be the most athletic player in the NBA
Levine needs at least one more year in college. He's not mentally or physically ready. He's honestly a really special talent, though.

Aaron Gordon as Blake Griffin who can handle? Because they're both mixed? No where NEAR Griffin's explosiveness and not much skill either. Whenever he's playing a decent defender he's getting stripped of the ball. I'll give him this, though, he has one of the best motors I've seen in a long while.
Levine needs at least one more year in college. He's not mentally or physically ready. He's honestly a really special talent, though.

Aaron Gordon as Blake Griffin who can handle? Because they're both mixed? No where NEAR Griffin's explosiveness and not much skill either. Whenever he's playing a decent defender he's getting stripped of the ball. I'll give him this, though, he has one of the best motors I've seen in a long while.

These guys are not there yet. But they are young and have time to develop. As for Gordon to Griffin, yea, I think he will develop into a Blake Griffin with better ballhandling. Of course he is not there right now. But in time, I think he can develop into a player like that.

Hard to compare kids to NBA vets, but I gave it my best shot
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 5, 2014 at 1:29 PM ]

These guys are not there yet. But they are young and have time to develop. As for Gordon to Griffin, yea, I think he will develop into a Blake Griffin with better ballhandling. Of course he is not there right now. But in time, I think he can develop into a player like that.

Hard to compare kids to NBA vets, but I gave it my best shot

Gordon doesnt have anywhere near the explosive power that Griffin has and I seriously doubt he ever will.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Gordon doesnt have anywhere near the explosive power that Griffin has and I seriously doubt he ever will.

I should have added, but out of college Griffin didn't even have the explosiveness that he's now known for. He said he improved significantly in that department with a real intense S&C program.
And he certainly isnt more athletic than Westbrook who might be the most athletic player in the NBA

Agreed, but he's not that far off. He's pretty bouncy. I just don't see the PG skills. Frankly, I don't think many folks would be talking about him if nbadraft.net didn't put him wildly high in their mock out of nowhere. That said, he'll be a solid pro. He's more of a SG than a PG though.
And I let Jeff talk me into MKG.

i said he was gonna be the next scottie pippen
jabari parker is my favorite player potentially coming out of college. gotta watch a little more on Embiid. when i saw the "bigger Shawn Kemp" comparison, it made me

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
jabari parker is my favorite player potentially coming out of college. gotta watch a little more on Embiid. when i saw the "bigger Shawn Kemp" comparison, it made me

I dont get that one

Agreed, but he's not that far off. He's pretty bouncy. I just don't see the PG skills. Frankly, I don't think many folks would be talking about him if nbadraft.net didn't put him wildly high in their mock out of nowhere. That said, he'll be a solid pro. He's more of a SG than a PG though.

I remember Westbrook not being that much of a PG when he came out ? Seems to have really worked on that part of his game.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

I dont get that one

Ya, they're nothing alike.
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:

I remember Westbrook not being that much of a PG when he came out ? Seems to have really worked on that part of his game.

Westbrook's just a better version of the same guy he's always been. He's not a "pure PG" even now. He's an uber-athletic guy that attacks the hell out of the basket.
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:

Westbrook's just a better version of the same guy he's always been. He's not a "pure PG" even now. He's an uber-athletic guy that attacks the hell out of the basket.

True. The amount of improvement in that guy has been phenomenal. Never really thought he would get to where he is now. Just unstoppable if he puts his mind to it.

In saying that I don't think moving harden was the best move not sure if durant and Westbrook can get it done.
Share 49ersWebzone