LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

2014 NBA Draft Thread

How could anyone possibly rate Andrew Wiggins, or anyone else, above Jabari Parker?
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
How could anyone possibly rate Andrew Wiggins, or anyone else, above Jabari Parker?

potential.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
potential.

Ah, yes, the "potential" thing. The same "potential" that Marvin Williams had... as did Derrick Williams. More often than not players never reach their athletic ceilings. And to be honest.

Parker is clearly the better player. This is a Superstar league and you don't pass on one for a kid that can jump really high.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
potential.

Ah, yes, the "potential" thing. The same "potential" that Marvin Williams had... as did Derrick Williams. More often than not players never reach their athletic ceilings. And to be honest.

Parker is clearly the better player. This is a Superstar league and you don't pass on one for a kid that can jump really high.

Wiggins is so much more than just a kid that can jump really high.

You don't draft based on who is best player today. You draft based on who will be the best player 3 years from now. IMO...if Wiggins is coached properly - he'll be the better player.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Wiggins is so much more than just a kid that can jump really high.

You don't draft based on who is best player today. You draft based on who will be the best player 3 years from now. IMO...if Wiggins is coached properly - he'll be the better player.

He doesn't have the IT factor. Some things can't be quantified and Jabari has all of those qualities.
He doesn't have the IT factor. Some things can't be quantified and Jabari has all of those qualities.

Lol. He has only played a few college games man. Relax. People overreacted to him in high school with the LBJ comparisons and now the opposite overreaction. Jabari is better now, but Wiggins probably has the higher ceiling. Any team would be lucky to have either. They'll both be really good
Parker is clearly the better player right now and I would lean towards taking him over Wiggins. But, lets way until the entire year is played out and see how Wiggins develops. He could close the gap and get the nod based on his upside.

Defense. Terrible defensive player. He's in the James Harden, Carmelo Anthony mold. Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIDYdSW2wew&feature=youtu.be&t=9m24s
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jan 4, 2014 at 3:46 PM ]
I love the "but Wiggins is a better defender!" argument. As if anyone really cares about defense... especially in the NBA.
I love the "but Wiggins is a better defender!" argument. As if anyone really cares about defense... especially in the NBA.

lol

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

lol

I think he's kidding
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'd hope so
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Damnit. Well I remember a 10 page discussion in one of the kings threads between him and sacniner arguing that he was gonna suck haha and val kept defending him.

I remember Val said he had a good jumper....

I said he needed to work on his jumper but it was getting better. He is one dude who should have stayed in school. I understand why he went to the NBA. He had to take care of his baby sis but he definitely needed to develop more. It also doesn't help he was drafted by the s**tty ass kings who can't develop anybody

Seems like Demarcus is developing pretty nicely.

Kings are 1 for 1 million when it comes to developing players
Originally posted by valrod33:
Kings are 1 for 1 million when it comes to developing players

Lol he played for the kings for like a month, blame it on the other 2 teams he's already been on
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
And I let Jeff talk me into MKG.

I think pretty much everyone was wrong about MKG.

No way.. I hated MKG

But I really liked Barnes
Share 49ersWebzone