LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

2014 NBA Draft Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Actually he is right. I remember Val saying that Robinson wasnt anything special.

Lol you guys are remembering wrong. Ask sacniner
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Actually he is right. I remember Val saying that Robinson wasnt anything special.

Are you really going to make me go back and look at the 2012 draft thread? Lets see what Val says.

Are you really going to make me go back and look at the 2012 draft thread? Lets see what Val says.

I was just looking through it and I freaking whiffed on several guys.

I remember Jon Barry had Robinson ranked as like the 20th best player in the draft and val agreed.
And I let Jeff talk me into MKG.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I was just looking through it and I freaking whiffed on several guys.

I remember Jon Barry had Robinson ranked as like the 20th best player in the draft and val agreed.

Lots of people do. You arent alone. There were people who thought Davis shouldnt be the #1 pick because he was too skinny. It looks like there are 3 studs from that draft... Davis, Drummond, and Lillard. I would like to see Barnes get there but I have my doubts he will ever get to that level.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 3, 2014 at 9:04 PM ]
Marsh.........OK I had to look. Here was Vals comment:
"Im a jayhawks homo and I agree with Gottdweeb said about T-Rob, I just dont see him being a superstar at the next level, I see him as a very good bench player"
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/164744-2012-nba-draft-thread/page16/#sSYueUtw7CTmWgKq.99
Damnit. Well I remember a 10 page discussion in one of the kings threads between him and sacniner arguing that he was gonna suck haha and val kept defending him.

I remember Val said he had a good jumper....
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Can't believe John went back to find that
Originally posted by jrg:
Can't believe John went back to find that

Only because I knew I was right.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
And I let Jeff talk me into MKG.

I think pretty much everyone was wrong about MKG.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Embiid is for real. You jotos didn't believe me. f**k you

Just like Thomas Robinson right? Dumb f**k

Val actually wasn't that impressed with Thomas Robinson, IIRC.

You're completely wrong there lol

This.
Damnit. Well I remember a 10 page discussion in one of the kings threads between him and sacniner arguing that he was gonna suck haha and val kept defending him.

I said he needed to work on his jumper but it was getting better. He is one dude who should have stayed in school. I understand why he went to the NBA. He had to take care of his baby sis but he definitely needed to develop more. It also doesn't help he was drafted by the s**tty ass kings who can't develop anybody
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

I said he needed to work on his jumper but it was getting better. He is one dude who should have stayed in school. I understand why he went to the NBA. He had to take care of his baby sis but he definitely needed to develop more. It also doesn't help he was drafted by the s**tty ass kings who can't develop anybody

Seems like Demarcus is developing pretty nicely.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

It makes a huge difference where you get drafted.

IMHO...Kings now have the right coach. He did a great thing by call his team out for lack of effort on defense. He knows defense and I'm sure he'll either get this group to play defense or find guys who can play defense.

Not that its a big deal or important, but since we're talking about it I'll chip in. The homie Val was singing two different tunes, but to be fair he is usually a blabbering idiot when he comes in the Kings thread so we could discredit anything he says in there. He is a lot better in other threads, but in the Kings thread he becomes the drunk guy at the sports bar who just babbles BS.

I made a comment that Robinson has a raw offensive game and is undersized for a 4 in the NBA (something to that effect). Val got all over it and tried to clown saying that T Rob has a post game, mid range and other BS. He hyped him up in that thread specifically. He didn't say that "he would be a good bench player." He implied a lot more that that. I'm glad Marsh remembers. I can't forget that either because of how emphatic Val was about it.

Again, that was the Kings thread. John found what he said in the other thread so it is what it is. And LOL at John for digging that up. Good work, but that must have been a pain in the ass.
Share 49ersWebzone