There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 2013-14 MLB Hot Stove Tracker And Spring Training Discussion Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan1h
Tulowitzki has a no-trade clause. Unclear if he'd waive for Cardinals. General sense is he wants to go to a winner. http://yhoo.it/1dXguPD ;

In informal Tulo discussions, Matt Adams' name has come up. Adams and Shelby Miller could be a solid start in three- or four-player return.

Just to kill this before it starts up again: If Tulo talks go nowhere, an Oscar Taveras-for-Jurickson Profar deal is not happening. Period.

I don't think the Cards will have to give up much to get Profar. They can give up a Descalso or Kozma for Profar and the Rangers still have Andrus; they still will have a utilityman on the bench.
Originally posted by robniner:
Tulowitzki has a no-trade clause. Unclear if he'd waive for Cardinals. General sense is he wants to go to a winner. http://yhoo.it/1dXguPD ;

In informal Tulo discussions, Matt Adams' name has come up. Adams and Shelby Miller could be a solid start in three- or four-player return.

Just to kill this before it starts up again: If Tulo talks go nowhere, an Oscar Taveras-for-Jurickson Profar deal is not happening. Period.

I don't think the Cards will have to give up much to get Profar. They can give up a Descalso or Kozma for Profar and the Rangers still have Andrus; they still will have a utilityman on the bench.

No team will trade a bag of chips for Kozma/Descalso.
Via MLB Trade Rumors: #STLCards and #Rockies will discuss a trade for Tulowitzki this week. Rockies want Adams and Miller as part of a 3-4 player deal for Tulo.

Meaning no Craig.....

Hmmmm. Sounds like what I have been saying now for quite awhile.

LOL . OMG You really have no clue whatsoever when it comes to baseball. There is about as much of a chance that the Cards get Profar for Kozma than they do geting Trout for Lance Lynn
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Via MLB Trade Rumors: #STLCards and #Rockies will discuss a trade for Tulowitzki this week. Rockies want Adams and Miller as part of a 3-4 player deal for Tulo.

Meaning no Craig.....

Hmmmm. Sounds like what I have been saying now for quite awhile.

Yep. I don't think Rosenthal will be a part of it though.

Regardless, I think Colorado will eat part of his salary.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

LOL . OMG You really have no clue whatsoever when it comes to baseball. There is about as much of a chance that the Cards get Profar for Kozma than they do geting Trout for Lance Lynn

There is a reason the Cardinals are trading for a SS. As I said above, nobody will offer a bag of chips for Kozma/Descalso.
The Rangers obviously want to move Profar, but it won't be THAT cheap.
I'd be ecstatic to move Adams, Miller, and one of our lower (top level) prospects....Tyrell Jenkins for Tulowitzki....especially if they can eat up some of that salary

Tulowitzki will obviously have to waive his no trade clause...but I doubt that will be an issue

Multiple reports say the reason Miller didn't pitch in the WS was because the Cardinals PLANNED on trading him
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM ]

LOL!!!

Wow...
I'd be ecstatic to move Adams, Miller, and one of our lower (top level) prospects....Tyrell Jenkins for Tulowitzki....especially if they can eat up some of that salary

Tulowitzki will obviously have to waive his no trade clause...but I doubt that will be an issue

Multiple reports say the reason Miller didn't pitch in the WS was because the Cardinals PLANNED on trading him

So the Cards put potential future trade value over doing everything possible to win the title that was within spitting distance? Really?? Come on jrg, you know better than to believe that..
Originally posted by Niners99:

So the Cards put potential future trade value over doing everything possible to win the title that was within spitting distance? Really?? Come on jrg, you know better than to believe that..

Cardinals could move the listed players and still have a top-5 MLB farm system. Cardinals were a few games away from winning the World Series and were also listed as the #1 farm system in MLB. Taveras coming up replaces Adams (Craig at 1B), and Wacha (nobody expected this from him) replaces Miller. Then you add Tulowitzki (arguably the best SS in MLB when healthy) to repair the Cardinals' biggest weak spot? Yeah, I'd do it.
MLB.COM

• Jim Bowden of SiriusXM radio had
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak on his radio
show and tweeted that "Mozeliak made it
clear to us this morning that he'd like to
trade a young "starting pitcher" for a
"young, controllable shortstop."

Tulo does not fit a young,controllable shortstop. Fits in the vicinity of Profar.
MLB.COM

• Jim Bowden of SiriusXM radio had
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak on his radio
show and tweeted that "Mozeliak made it
clear to us this morning that he'd like to
trade a young "starting pitcher" for a
"young, controllable shortstop."

Tulo does not fit a young,controllable shortstop. Fits in the vicinity of Profar.

Yes it does. Because the Cardinals will demand the Rockies to take on some of his contract.

11/30/10: Signed extension with Colorado, replacing final 3 years and option in previous contract; new total value $157.75 million over 10 years
2011: $5.5 million, 2012: $8.25 million, 2013: $10 million, 2014: $16 million, 2015: $20 million, 2016: $20.0 million, 2017: $20 million, 2018: $20 million, 2019: $20 million, 2020: $14.0 million, 2021: $15.0 million club option ($4.0 million buyout).
Salaries for 2020 and 2021 may increase by $6.0 million annually based on MVP votes, Gold Gloves, Silver Sluggers or All-Star selections.
$2.0 million assignment bonus if traded.
May be traded only once during contract.
I'm reading the comments on Hardball Talk and there are a good amount of interesting ones including:

The Cards should look at trading one of their pitchers (Lynn or Kelly) to the Giants for their shortstop prospect (Panik)

The Cards should trade Miller,Adams and Wong to the Rangers for Profar and Kinsler.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/10/cardinals-prepared-to-trade-young-starting-pitching-this-winter-for-a-shortstop-upgrade/
[ Edited by robniner on Nov 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM ]
Panik isn't a short stop and isn't even close to ready.