LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

The 2013-14 MLB Hot Stove Tracker And Spring Training Discussion Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
STL radio reporting Craig for Tulo straight up
Originally posted by jrg:
STL radio reporting Craig for Tulo straight up

There isnt a chance in hell that Colorado would do Tulo for Craig straight up.

Shelby Miller, Trevor Rosenthal, and Mike Adams for Tulo. The Rockies would do that I think
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Nov 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Contracts being the issue. Craig and Tulowitzki put up similar numbers and Craig is WAY cheaper is what they're saying.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Shelby Miller, Trevor Rosenthal, and Mike Adams for Tulo. The Rockies would do that I think

You seem to be undervaluing Craig....but I'm just going off what I'm listening to
Contracts being the issue. Craig and Tulowitzki put up similar numbers and Craig is WAY cheaper is what they're saying.

Similar numbers yes but a power hitting SS is way more valuable. Maybe Craig and Miller would get it done.

You seem to be undervaluing Craig....but I'm just going off what I'm listening to

You are talking to the guy who has had Craig in every fantasy league I played in this year. I dont undervalue him. I just know he isnt worth as much as Tulo.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

You are talking to the guy who has had Craig in every fantasy league I played in this year. I dont undervalue him. I just know he isnt worth as much as Tulo.

Fantasy doesn't = real life.

Craig's contract is extremely valuable...something the Rockies could build around.

Gotta remember Tulo is 29 years old with previous injury history.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
edit
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 10, 2013 at 8:47 PM ]

Craig's contract is extremely valuable...something the Rockies could build around.

You are just hoping and begging that this rumor is true. Trust me it isnt. The Rockies would want one of the Cards young pitchers plus Craig.

• jrg
  • Veteran

You are just hoping and begging that this rumor is true. Trust me it isnt. The Rockies would want one of the Cards young pitchers plus Craig.

Well of course I am man...I'm just telling you initial "rumors" I hear on the radio...

I believe to get Tulo it'll cost Craig/Miller and maybe Tyrell Jenkins.
A problem is about to be solved with Beltran leaving and thinking to deal Adams?

Craig to right and boom Adams plays everyday.

I would go after Andrus or Profar; Tulo's injury history is a concern.

Don't tell me Tavares will be starting Opening Day at RF?

So, what is going on with Freese?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
A problem is about to be solved with Beltran leaving and thinking to deal Adams?

Craig to right and boom Adams plays everyday.

I would go after Andrus or Profar; Tulo's injury history is a concern.

Don't tell me Tavares will be starting Opening Day at RF?

So, what is going on with Freese?

Taveras will be starting at CF or RF
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Via MLB Trade Rumors: #STLCards and #Rockies will discuss a trade for Tulowitzki this week. Rockies want Adams and Miller as part of a 3-4 player deal for Tulo.

Meaning no Craig.....
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 10, 2013 at 9:32 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan1h
Tulowitzki has a no-trade clause. Unclear if he'd waive for Cardinals. General sense is he wants to go to a winner. http://yhoo.it/1dXguPD ;

In informal Tulo discussions, Matt Adams' name has come up. Adams and Shelby Miller could be a solid start in three- or four-player return.

Just to kill this before it starts up again: If Tulo talks go nowhere, an Oscar Taveras-for-Jurickson Profar deal is not happening. Period.
Share 49ersWebzone