LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

The 2013-14 MLB Hot Stove Tracker And Spring Training Discussion Thread

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Source: Any deal with Jacoby Ellsbury or an outfielder does not preclude Yankees from re-signing Robinson Cano. Still very much in play.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
REPORT: #Yankees OF Jacoby Ellsbury's contract will pay him $153 million over 7 years, or one dollar for every trip to the disabled list.
[ Edited by jrg on Dec 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Teams have now spent $524 million on free agents this offseason. The Yankees account for $238 million of that, or 45.4%.
Originally posted by jrg:
Guessing that means Beltran will go back to the Royals

I actually would be surprised if that happens. I don't foresee them moving Cain or Gordon.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Teams have now spent $524 million on free agents this offseason. The Yankees account for $238 million of that, or 45.4%.

Typical Yankees
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: Four teams were in "hard" on Ellsbury. About twice as many active on Choo. #RedSox could become factor, with Victorino moving to CF
Dudes still living off the hype when he had a big power year. So not worth that contract.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Dudes still living off the hype when he had a big power year. So not worth that contract.

Exactly. Not even close to being worth that $.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Jesus H Christ Ellsbury to the Yankees and getting more money than Crawford got.

The Yankees continue their stupidity. Yes, lets pay a guy who is hurt every year 153 million. He is good but I think they will regret this one. I liked the McCann signing much more for them.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Justin Morneau to Rockies for 2 years

• Hopper
  • Veteran
153 mil for Ellsbury, my god. That makes me feel a lot better about the Pagan and Pence deals.
Originally posted by Hopper:
153 mil for Ellsbury, my god. That makes me feel a lot better about the Pagan and Pence deals.

something i read on twitter.. billy beane sure gets a lot of credit for someone who's never won anything.. lol
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
something i read on twitter.. billy beane sure gets a lot of credit for someone who's never won anything.. lol

Not easy when you have the budget that he has though. Baseball is truly the haves and have nots.
Originally posted by jrg:
REPORT: #Yankees OF Jacoby Ellsbury's contract will pay him $153 million over 7 years, or one dollar for every trip to the disabled list.

Ellsbury 7 years 153 mill
Mccan 5 years 80 mill

Lol Yankees lol
Share 49ersWebzone