There are 155 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by titan:
Ed Davis and Jordan Hill may be starting.

Julius Randle better start and get 30+ minutes a night. I'm on the record for not being fond of this pick at all. With one game left in summer ball, he has looked like a MAN out there. And tonight against Philly, what handle and vision! Some Barkley/LO clone tonight. Not sure if this is because the competition but regardless, pleasantly surprised with him to this point.

Hope he only gets better and proves himself to be successful when the real games start in October.

I hope you are right. If JR turns out to be a star that is one less position we need to worry about.

Julius Randle better start and get 30+ minutes a night. I'm on the record for not being fond of this pick at all. With one game left in summer ball, he has looked like a MAN out there. And tonight against Philly, what handle and vision! Some Barkley/LO clone tonight. Not sure if this is because the competition but regardless, pleasantly surprised with him to this point.

Hope he only gets better and proves himself to be successful when the real games start in October.

I hope you are right. If JR turns out to be a star that is one less position we need to worry about.

"I don't want one position, I want ALL POSITIONS!!"

#randleshandles
#randleshandles
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

#randleshandles

Originally posted by fister30:
Man, the current state of the lakers reminds me of post mooch 49er football. I think laker basketball has entered the dennis erikson - mike nolan era of basketball.

Last year was Dennis Erikson, and this year will hopefully be Mike Nolan. Draft some good players (Randle and Clarkson) and develop a talented team for the future but still underperform on gameday
Shouldnt Lin b starting?
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Shouldnt Lin b starting?

I want to slap your mouth right now. Mainly because this is now a thing for the Lakers.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Shouldnt Lin b starting?

I want to slap your mouth right now. Mainly because this is now a thing for the Lakers.

haha dont slap me

Just sayin

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Shouldnt Lin b starting?

haha dont slap me

Just sayin

He will be once Nash gets hurt again.

And in case we, as a group of Laker fans, haven't figured it out yet just based on the minimal summer league footage we have of Randle...the kid can play. Still worried about how he will look come the regular season, but at least the skills and vision are there and those usually translate over.

he really likes playing from the 3 point line. i don't really think i've seen a player with no outside shot start his offense behind the 3 point line, especially as a big man who's best game is around the basket.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

he really likes playing from the 3 point line. i don't really think i've seen a player with no outside shot start his offense behind the 3 point line, especially as a big man who's best game is around the basket.

Is that Lamar Odom?????????
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

He has talent in the post too, it's just that Summer League is a clusterf**k of 12 guys trying to make different teams around the world. The Lakers are also running a retarded, complicated offense that's completely inappropriate for Summer League.

All I wanna see is a guys talents. We say the post play at Kentucky. The fact that he has this too is a great sign. He has really good court vision, speed on his kick outs, and hits shooters right in their shooting pocket. He's a beast. If we can find a way to keep him on the perimeter on defense he's going to be a star. In the Summer League I just want to see that our 1st Round pick looks like the best player on the court, and he is clearly that.
Share 49ersWebzone