LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Randle's going to be a matchup nightmare. Those that are quick enough to stay with him won't be big enough, and those big enough won't be quick enough.

Lol Cousins
Originally posted by marshulk:
Randle's going to be a matchup nightmare. Those that are quick enough to stay with him won't be big enough, and those big enough won't be quick enough.

Lol Cousins

Yeah, we laugh at him too. Most people do. That goofy Cousins. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by marshulk:

Lol Cousins

Yeah, we laugh at him too. Most people do. That goofy Cousins. lol

Don't say that! You know he's an emotional lesbian!

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Actually he was given the nick name king when he was in Akron.

Kobe is the corny one who gave himself his nickname black mamba.

he has the "chosen one" tattooed across his back, and his twitter handle is kingjames...

lebron is just as vein as kobe, if not more. at least kobe won some championships and learned to shoot a jumper before he gave himself a nickname

You don't give yourself nick names.... It is lame.

Yet everybody respects that nickname and is the only one Kobe is referred by. The only people that have issue with it is jelly dudes like you.

Kobe had to give it to himself Bc around the league he was known as "snitch" for dry snitching on Shaq.

Just sayin

You're not very good at this trolling thing. You really just come off as a jelly hater. Step to game up, rook. lol

I have this feeling the Lin and Randle duo might turn some heads this year

Boy has some shake.
Randle needs to slow down. I know he is probably excited and has some nerves after not having played since the national ship, but he needs to chill with the Kwame happy feet and ballerina dances. Don't worry, I know he is not Kwame. I like his touch a lot, his quickness at his size really pops out. In a good offensive system, with more polish he could be a serious offensive asset.

Lin, Swaggy P, J Hill. So last years team without Pau and a small upgrade in Lin at PG. What I would do for our own first round (lottery) pick.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Jul 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM ]

Who is your NBA player to compare him to?

He reminds me a lot of Charles Barkley when he was young, before he could shoot a bit from the perimeter. His face up game is astounding. Tremendous ball handler and a really quick first step. His offensive game is almost violent. One thing you see from almost all elite scorers is the ability to get their defender on their heels. It's almost an instinctual "I can't hang with this guy" reaction. He got that a lot tonight. The two holes in his offensive game are that his jumper is broken and he doesn't set good on ball screens. On defense, he doesn't have the length to contest shots very well under the basket. He's quick enough to guard stretch 4's, but guys like LaMarcus Aldridge will shoot over him all day long.

is he a 4 though? can he play 3? i didn't think he was this quick or explosive, he looked like that guy from akron, ohio at times

He reminded me of Anthony Mason the way he was ball handling with that left hand; he's pretty fun to watch. I really liked that he finished plays off. You can tell he's a really good finisher by how many of his bank shots go straight through rather than rattling around the rim before dropping through.

He definitely was trying to do too much at the end of the game, but for me that was encouraging. He's willing to take responsibility and take on the responsibility of making plays down the stretch. I was also happy to see how excited he was after the late tip in. He missed the game winner, but seemed genuinely excited to win/for his teammate.

Clarkson seems decent, too. Long arms and quick. I think he's as good as Darius Morris was, which would make him our backup PG fml.
Thanks for posting the video
If the Lakers do not make any other significant moves... over/under 35 wins?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Under considering Nuggets got 36 last year and were better at every position other than SG (if Kobe stays healthy), and if Sacre plays anywhere near 20 + minutes I won't be watching, I'll just be checking here for reviews on Randle and Clarkson from Pete and GO. I can't take watching him on a basketball court its too brutal.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Under unfortunately
Share 49ersWebzone