LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Bye Pau. I know you are old and often soft, but I enjoyed watching you play and having you as a Laker.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Bye Pau. I know you are old and often soft, but I enjoyed watching you play and having you as a Laker.

I went to Pau's last home game as a Laker. I wanted to see him off properly and thank him for everything he's done.
Does anyone know if Randle is playing today?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Co-signed. And very grateful for what he did for my kids.
Originally posted by tidissis08:

Probably not. He hasn't signed his contract yet as the Lakers are trying to S&T Pau.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
The reason Kobe can't form a super teAm (like bron) in the NBAs most attractive market is Bc no one likes his b***h ass.

Hence why shaq asked him how his ass tasted?

LMAO...Kobe can't form a super team because he doesn't bail out like a bytch! LeBrick jumps ship to be able to get on a Super team.Shaq may have talk crap to him, but in the end he respected him. Unlike Lebricks team mate who tried to be his daddy by dating his mommy!

lol where the f**k would kobe go that would give him more long term stability than the Lakers. Its the f**king Lakers, not like its some s**t hole franchise destination. Its the premiere nba destination, especially when Buss was still alive. Lebron could have went to about 29 other franchises that are better than the Cavs. Kobe just had to sit pat and wait for Kupchak and Buss to rebuild quickly like they always do. Give me a f**king break like Kobe made some huge sacrifice to stay in LA. And whats he gonna do, b***h and complain and jump ship after he ran out Shaq and Phil?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Probably not. He hasn't signed his contract yet as the Lakers are trying to S&T Pau.

Thanks. Hopefully get something done today.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Good luck to Lin. He's nothing special, but he deserved better than how Houston treated him. Morey's brilliant at acquisitions, but severely lacking in the people dept. I hope Lin finds a home in LA as a quality back up PG. At least he gets paid.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Thanks. Hopefully get something done today.

They just did and he will play.
So any word on a coach yet or is Kobe or Nash gonna be a player-coach?

Anyone know how Randle looked?
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Randle wasn't exactly planning on playing, but things came together quickly, and he was in the Lakers starting lineup for the 1:30 p.m. local time tip-off - but not without a fair bit of scrambling to make it happen.

"I signed it like 20 minutes before the game," Randle said. "We were on the way to the game, and I was in my polo and shorts. My agent called and he said 'Hey, Mitch has landed. We're signing today.' I was like, what? I don't even have my shoes. I had to run off the bus, go get my shoes, take a car up here to sign and then get ready to play."

Randle was rocking a new-looking pair of gray LeBron 11 Elites with pink accents, and his game looked NBA-ready at times, in a performance that saw him finish with 10 points on 4-of-9 shooting, to go along with two rebounds in just over 21 minutes of action.

Link to article
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

I watched Randle every moment he was in, and then Clarkson when he wasn't. What I saw...

The Good: Finishing ability around the basket, nimble feet, good hands, court vision

The Bad: Very late on defensive rotations, didn't box out very often, didn't aggressively pursue offensive rebounds, badly missed on his jump shots, seemingly had no idea how to run pick & roll, wasn't in game shape.

Clarkson has some ability on both ends of the court, but he's definitely a SG rather than a PG. Was really bothered by ball pressure and is a bit of a chucker.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
lol where the f**k would kobe go that would give him more long term stability than the Lakers. Its the f**king Lakers, not like its some s**t hole franchise destination. Its the premiere nba destination, especially when Buss was still alive. Lebron could have went to about 29 other franchises that are better than the Cavs. Kobe just had to sit pat and wait for Kupchak and Buss to rebuild quickly like they always do. Give me a f**king break like Kobe made some huge sacrifice to stay in LA. And whats he gonna do, b***h and complain and jump ship after he ran out Shaq and Phil?

When self proclaimed KING couldn't bring the RING to Cleveland they had the best record in the NBA,he just couldn't do it without super fiends and couldn't be loyal to an organization. Yes LA is the place to go, but I don't know what is more difficult...Carry the TORCH as the MAN after all the Legends that did it ahead of you and succeed ?! Or put a franchise on the map like Jordan. Either or LeBrick has done neither! He didn't go back to Cleveland because he had a higher calling.LMAO!!! Now this dude thinks he is prophet! LOL he went back because he had the best opportunity to win more CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS. If things don't go like he envisions, you'll see him "PULL A CRAMP AND BAIL"... That's just an analogy for make an excuse..."WHY he did!"
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

When self proclaimed KING couldn't bring the RING to Cleveland they had the best record in the NBA,he just couldn't do it without super fiends and couldn't be loyal to an organization. Yes LA is the place to go, but I don't know what is more difficult...Carry the TORCH as the MAN after all the Legends that did it ahead of you and succeed ?! Or put a franchise on the map like Jordan. Either or LeBrick has done neither! He didn't go back to Cleveland because he had a higher calling.LMAO!!! Now this dude thinks he is prophet! LOL he went back because he had the best opportunity to win more CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS. If things don't go like he envisions, you'll see him "PULL A CRAMP AND BAIL"... That's just an analogy for make an excuse..."WHY he did!"

Actually he was given the nick name king when he was in Akron.

Kobe is the corny one who gave himself his nickname black mamba.
Share 49ersWebzone