There are 272 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

still mad though that we didn't get lionel hollins, would've loved to see what he can do when he has at least 1 scorer (in kobe), a thing he never had in memphis.

if we want a shot at landing a big FA this season, or even next, and keeping kobe happy, there really isn't another choice between byron scott or mark jackson.
Steve Nash
Kobe
Carmelo
Julius randle
Gasol

Lol
Originally posted by marshulk:
Steve Nash
Kobe
Carmelo
Julius randle
Gasol

Lol

i hope the gasol era is over. he was great those first couple of years, but he's been a mess since his injuries.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
very mixed feelings on melo, part of me does want him to be a laker.

i just don't know how he's gonna beat a team that has either durant or lebron on it. on top of that, he's not getting younger. at 30 years olds, he's probably got another 2-3 years left in those legs until all he'll be able to do is mostly shoot jumpers. and let's not forget the volume shooters that both kobe and carmelo are. they both will average about 50 shots between then, one of them will have to change their game and shoot no more than 15-18 shots a game, will kobe or carmelo do that?

I pretty much agree with this, I just don't know if he can bring us a championship.

At the same time, if we don't land Melo, I don't see why Pau would stay. I'd rather be able to compete now, even if it means we don't get the chip.

Funny, cuz if you asked me that 2 weeks ago, I would have said screw melo and would rather take a chance at rebuilding and sucking for another year, but the thought of a repeat of last year sounded so miserable

PG - Kobe - Melo - Randle - Pau

If no Melo, i hope we can land Stephenson
Saw Pau & Marc today at Beverly Hills High School. Pau remembered me and said, "hi coach." Made my day.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

i just don't know how he's gonna beat a team that has either durant or lebron on it. on top of that, he's not getting younger. at 30 years olds, he's probably got another 2-3 years left in those legs until all he'll be able to do is mostly shoot jumpers. and let's not forget the volume shooters that both kobe and carmelo are. they both will average about 50 shots between then, one of them will have to change their game and shoot no more than 15-18 shots a game, will kobe or carmelo do that?

I pretty much agree with this, I just don't know if he can bring us a championship.

At the same time, if we don't land Melo, I don't see why Pau would stay. I'd rather be able to compete now, even if it means we don't get the chip.

Funny, cuz if you asked me that 2 weeks ago, I would have said screw melo and would rather take a chance at rebuilding and sucking for another year, but the thought of a repeat of last year sounded so miserable

I really don't like that logic. Really, getting into the playoffs and getting blown out in the first round is about as miserable as having an awful season with hope. That said, do we even have a draft pick in the first round next year?
It was great to have a first rounder and building this a little more organically, and I'm stokedabout Randle for us. I do not want to go the 76er way, but one more solid pick, and dabbling in a deep free agent pool next year sounds better to me. We are building from scratch right now no matter how you look at it, even with Melo. Our lineup next year would not be that much better than the Knicks' last year even with Kobe. Laker fans need to be more realistic about what Kobe is going to offer us the next 2 years, and Pau for that matter. Let's stop acting like its 2008 and we need a guy to get back to the promised land.
BTW I think Melo is coming here. That's tight Pete, gonna miss Pau he has been my favorite Laker off the court since he has been here. He's quality people, but I think for both parties involved it would be best if he went to a contender. He can still add value to a good squad.

I don't want Stephenson, guy's a clown. Poor mans Artest.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Jul 7, 2014 at 8:17 PM ]
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

I really don't like that logic. Really, getting into the playoffs and getting blown out in the first round is about as miserable as having an awful season with hope. That said, do we even have a draft pick in the first round next year?
It was great to have a first rounder and building this a little more organically, and I'm stokedabout Randle for us. I do not want to go the 76er way, but one more solid pick, and dabbling in a deep free agent pool next year sounds better to me. We are building from scratch right now no matter how you look at it, even with Melo. Our lineup next year would not be that much better than the Knicks' last year even with Kobe. Laker fans need to be more realistic about what Kobe is going to offer us the next 2 years, and Pau for that matter. Let's stop acting like its 2008 and we need a guy to get back to the promised land.

Like I said, 2 weeks ago, I hated that logic as well.

But put it this way. If we land Melo, we have a CHANCE. On top of that, we don't have a 1st rounder next year, it was traded for Nash. If we don't land Melo, then who are we left with? Not a very good team. This season will be a repeat of last season, and next offseason would be another round of trying to go all in and getting a star again (which we might fail to do). You hit it on the nail saying that Kobe and Pau only have a little while left, which is proving my own point. Another year wasted and another year of gambling to see if we can land a superstar is not ideal for us. Our best bet is signing Melo, which will hopefully motivate Pau to stay. Couple that core with Randle and at least we have a chance to compete. Like you said, we don't have time to rebuild.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Like I said, 2 weeks ago, I hated that logic as well.

But put it this way. If we land Melo, we have a CHANCE. On top of that, we don't have a 1st rounder next year, it was traded for Nash. If we don't land Melo, then who are we left with? Not a very good team. This season will be a repeat of last season, and next offseason would be another round of trying to go all in and getting a star again (which we might fail to do). You hit it on the nail saying that Kobe and Pau only have a little while left, which is proving my own point. Another year wasted and another year of gambling to see if we can land a superstar is not ideal for us. Our best bet is signing Melo, which will hopefully motivate Pau to stay. Couple that core with Randle and at least we have a chance to compete. Like you said, we don't have time to rebuild.

ya, that's my logic as well right now. i don't want to watch 2-3 years of awful lakers basketball and watch kobe barely even be able to win 30 games. rather put a competitive team on the court and see what happens. a lineup with randle, kobe, melo, and gasol can't be that awful. if everybody stays heatlhy, we have a good shot at winning 50 games and making it out of the first round.
I think the Melo ship has sailed (and I hope it has).

Time to throw money at Lance Stephenson and Isaiah Thomas. Throw them oversized one to two year deals. Come on now.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The Rockets finalizing Jeremy Lin, a future first-round pick and other draft considerations to the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo.

Rumors are swirling and LG is crashing. This could be happening quick.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The Rockets finalizing Jeremy Lin, a future first-round pick and other draft considerations to the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo.

just did
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Adrian Wojnarowski �€@WojYahooNBA

just did

Boom.
What are the odds Gasol leaves for OKC or SA?
Originally posted by Joecool:
What are the odds Gasol leaves for OKC or SA?
If he wants another ring, the odds will be good that he goes elsewhere, but I have no idea what's in the works in that regard.
Share 49ersWebzone