LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 392 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Kyrie Irving might be traded to Lakers in return for our 7th pick to the Cavs

Youy're crazy, phat. I'd take Irving in a heartbeat. He's been a pipedream for me since he was a rookie.

I think he's extremely overrated but that's me. I'd rather take the chances with the draft pick
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

IMO Irving is worth a top 3 pick in this year's draft but it's the Cavs so anything is possible. Lakers should make that deal in a heartbeat.

Cavs have no clue what they're doing. First they offered Calipari a 10 year contract - hoping to land Lebron through him. When he told them to GTFO - now they're trading Irving? lol
Originally posted by 4ML:

IMO Irving is worth a top 3 pick in this year's draft but it's the Cavs so anything is possible. Lakers should make that deal in a heartbeat.

Cavs have no clue what they're doing. First they offered Calipari a 10 year contract - hoping to land Lebron through him. When he told them to GTFO - now they're trading Irving? lol

Totally agree. Irving >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than anyone you can get with the 7th pick. I can't imagine that trade actually happening.
Please no to Irving for #7.
I'm on the Gordon bandwagon at this point.

Embiid if he drops due to injury would be interesting. Everyone's getting Oden nightmares but I think it would be hard to pass up
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
I'm on the Gordon bandwagon at this point.

Embiid if he drops due to injury would be interesting. Everyone's getting Oden nightmares but I think it would be hard to pass up

Sure would be.

I'm hoping for Marcus Smart.
irving for our #7? we would be insane not to do it
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Report: Lakers in talks to trade No. 7 pick for Klay Thompson, as part of deal that would send Kevin Love to Warriors

link
Originally posted by jrg:
Report: Lakers in talks to trade No. 7 pick for Klay Thompson, as part of deal that would send Kevin Love to Warriors

link

that better not happen.

link

NO

I will be very disappointed if this happens.

Oh good god, somebody squash that rumor with fire
#NoKlayNoKyrie
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Why do you guys hate Klay? Or is it you think you can snag a better player at #7?
Why do you guys hate Klay? Or is it you think you can snag a better player at #7?

It's not about snagging a better player, it's about the money that he's going to nab after this season. Same thing is true with Kyrie. I'd rather have the 7th pick than a maxed out Irving or Klay making 11-12M a year.
This is the latest on all this:

The Los Angeles Lakers are in talks to acquire Klay Thompson for their No. 7 overall pick in the NBA draft.

The deal would be part of a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love from the Minnesota Timberwolves to the Golden State Warriors. The Lakers are interested in Thompson but are waiting for the Warriors to decide whether to keep Thompson while attempting to acquire Love.

Thompson, 24, averaged 18.4 points this season for the Warriors.

The Lakers are pondering whether to draft a power forward or point guard if they decide to keep the No. 7 pick. They have narrowed their focus to big men Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle and Noah Vonleh or point guards Dante Exum, Marcus Smart and Elfrid Payton.

The Lakers also are waiting to see if Joel Embiid falls to them after undergoing surgery on his foot.
Share 49ersWebzone