There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

The Lakers wanted an experienced coach so Fish was out of the question. Also they probably had inside info that Phil wanted Fish...so they didn't compete for his services.

There's really no rush at this point...I think they wait until after the draft to name the coach. They've most likely already made the choice. It's probably going to be Byron which would be a safe choice, and one that I'm on board with too.
Kyrie Irving might be traded to Lakers in return for our 7th pick to the Cavs
Originally posted by TlSSER:

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Unlike Dion Waiters, Kobe will smack him around if he gets out of line.

Youy're crazy, phat. I'd take Irving in a heartbeat. He's been a pipedream for me since he was a rookie.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Youy're crazy, phat. I'd take Irving in a heartbeat. He's been a pipedream for me since he was a rookie.

the only downside i hear about kyrie irving is that he's not that good on defense. is that true?

the only downside i hear about kyrie irving is that he's not that good on defense. is that true?

Very true, but what he brings on the other side of the ball far outweighs his defensive struggles. I don't think a player we can get at 7 can instantly help this team as much as he could.

I think he's extremely overrated but that's me. I'd rather take the chances with the draft pick
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

IMO Irving is worth a top 3 pick in this year's draft but it's the Cavs so anything is possible. Lakers should make that deal in a heartbeat.

Cavs have no clue what they're doing. First they offered Calipari a 10 year contract - hoping to land Lebron through him. When he told them to GTFO - now they're trading Irving? lol
Originally posted by 4ML:

IMO Irving is worth a top 3 pick in this year's draft but it's the Cavs so anything is possible. Lakers should make that deal in a heartbeat.

Cavs have no clue what they're doing. First they offered Calipari a 10 year contract - hoping to land Lebron through him. When he told them to GTFO - now they're trading Irving? lol

Totally agree. Irving >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than anyone you can get with the 7th pick. I can't imagine that trade actually happening.
Please no to Irving for #7.
I'm on the Gordon bandwagon at this point.

Embiid if he drops due to injury would be interesting. Everyone's getting Oden nightmares but I think it would be hard to pass up
I'm on the Gordon bandwagon at this point.

Embiid if he drops due to injury would be interesting. Everyone's getting Oden nightmares but I think it would be hard to pass up

Sure would be.

I'm hoping for Marcus Smart.
irving for our #7? we would be insane not to do it
Report: Lakers in talks to trade No. 7 pick for Klay Thompson, as part of deal that would send Kevin Love to Warriors

link
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com