There are 214 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Dream scenario:
Sign lowry and gortat

then use bird rights for gasol

get a solid draft pick

is that even possible? i have no clue
It might be good to, I don't know, sign somebody to be a coach. That way we know what kind of players to draft/sign so that they fit that coaches style. Unlike like dantoni, who we signed and had nobody to fit his style.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jun 13, 2014 at 2:13 PM ]
Lulz you guys still don't have a HC
Originally posted by marshulk:

The only thing I can think of is that they're waiting for an assistant that's still coaching in the playoffs.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

The only thing I can think of is that they're waiting for an assistant that's still coaching in the playoffs.

Should have went after Fisher, now they will get stuck with Byron Scott or something.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Should have went after Fisher, now they will get stuck with Byron Scott or something.

as much respect kobe probably has for fisher, I don't see Kobe really respecting him as coach
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

as much respect kobe probably has for fisher, I don't see Kobe really respecting him as coach

Naw, I don't agree with that. I think that could have worked. I just don't think the Lakers were interested in a first time HC like fish. He made the right move going to the knicks, where he can use all the knowledge of Phil.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jun 13, 2014 at 7:11 PM ]
Ty Corbin is still available...
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The Lakers wanted an experienced coach so Fish was out of the question. Also they probably had inside info that Phil wanted Fish...so they didn't compete for his services.

There's really no rush at this point...I think they wait until after the draft to name the coach. They've most likely already made the choice. It's probably going to be Byron which would be a safe choice, and one that I'm on board with too.
Kyrie Irving might be traded to Lakers in return for our 7th pick to the Cavs

Originally posted by TlSSER:

Unlike Dion Waiters, Kobe will smack him around if he gets out of line.

Youy're crazy, phat. I'd take Irving in a heartbeat. He's been a pipedream for me since he was a rookie.

Youy're crazy, phat. I'd take Irving in a heartbeat. He's been a pipedream for me since he was a rookie.

the only downside i hear about kyrie irving is that he's not that good on defense. is that true?

the only downside i hear about kyrie irving is that he's not that good on defense. is that true?

Very true, but what he brings on the other side of the ball far outweighs his defensive struggles. I don't think a player we can get at 7 can instantly help this team as much as he could.
Share 49ersWebzone