LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by DelCed2486:
C'mon, if you watched the Warriors how can you possibly try to pin Iguodala on Jackson? The guy got hurt, missed a lot of games, and when he was in, he underperformed, not to mention the negative impact his acquisition had on Barnes, plus the money they're paying him + draft picks surrendered. I'm not disagreeing with every point you're trying to make, but some of what you're saying makes you come off as one of these fans who thinks all you need is a couple good players and then you just have to roll the basketball out on the court and they'll do fine. I'd think a fan of the Lakers would know that very recent history shows us this just isn't the case.

And you act like there's not a learning curve for coaches...sure Jackson made mistakes, pi***d me off a lot...but I've seen enough horrible with the Warriors over the past almost-40 years to know something special was being built, and as a fan was willing to be patient a little while longer. It's not every day that a coach gets almost universal buy-in from his players, but they bought what he sells and that fact should not be discounted.

I'm saying that Iggy was misused when he was in there. He didn't underperform. He performed exactly as you'd expect him to perform as an off the ball player. He missed 19 games. It's not like he missed most of the year.

Don't know where you get the idea that I think you can just roll the ball out there with good players and win. In fact, that's my point in why I understand why Jackson was fired. Of course there's a learning curve for coaches (I know this better than most, from personal experience), but he's one of the worst schematic coaches in the NBA. He does a great job of galvanizing his team and getting that buy in, but I can certainly see why Dubs management thought they'd hit their ceiling with him. You can't just rah-rah and then roll the ball out there w/a few good players (which the Dubs absolutely have) and contend.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Anyway, back to the Lakers...

Sam Amico: #Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak & George Karl were roommates in college. But Karl tells @SiriusXMNBA he has yet to hear from LAL. Expects to, tho.

Mark Medina: Contrary to what's out there, I've been told by those in the know that Lakers haven't contacted Kevin Ollie yet. No meeting yet is planned

Lakers aren't in a hurry to hire. Coaches are still getting fired, and they're waiting for the dust to settle to survey the entire list of possibilities.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Maybe the Lakers will hire Mike Brown. Heard he is available now. LOL

Seriously, my money is on Byron Scott as I doubt Kevin Ollie will leave UCONN.
wow, not a fan of tattoos, but that is amazing!
I could see the Lakers hiring Mark Jackson
LOL poor Kobe http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10938595/los-angeles-lakers-gm-mitch-kupchak-says-kobe-bryant-say-picking-new-coach
Originally posted by 9erReign:
LOL poor Kobe http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10938595/los-angeles-lakers-gm-mitch-kupchak-says-kobe-bryant-say-picking-new-coach

Kobe said on Kimmel the other day he didn't pick the last 2 coaches, and didn't expect his opinion to have any influence on this one. Nice try, though. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Kobe said on Kimmel the other day he didn't pick the last 2 coaches, and didn't expect his opinion to have any influence on this one. Nice try, though. lol

"on the 3rd one i'm hoping they do" - kobe bryant
Ping pong ball day!

I'm guessing either Randle, Vonleh or Smart could drop to us?
So there are the rumblings coming out of Memphis that they are making a big push for Thibs and the possibility that Chicago does it for picks/assets and flips that for Love. Then they may want to do a salary dump with Boozer, which is when Mitch would start working the phones...this will be yet another interesting offseason boys. Phoenix is another dark horse team with multiple picks that might try to make a move (either up in the draft or going after Love/Melo) where we might get involved. Houston wants to make a move for Melo so they may have to dump salary too (Lin/Asik?).

Truth be told, I don't want to trade the #7 pick. I want Vonleh, Gordon, or Smart (in that order). The Bulls-Grizzlies-Melo situation is one that we should all keep a close eye on.

Anyone know the logistics of the Bulls getting Love (S&T) and/or Melo?
[ Edited by GameOver on May 20, 2014 at 11:47 PM ]
which free agent willl come to LAKERS:

LEBRON OR MELO?
Originally posted by TlSSER:

LEBRON OR MELO?

Neither.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by TlSSER:

LEBRON OR MELO?

Neither.