There are 137 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

I'm surprised the Lakers didn't sell of a couple more parts just to get under the luxury tax.
According to Mitch, they weren't interested in just getting salary relief and getting junk back. They wanted good basketball moves in his words, anyways Jordan hill has been one of the most consistent players anyways and is valuable once d'antoni gets canned hopefully this summer
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Guess the Lakers like their roster and didnt want to make any more moves.

What move were they gonna make at this point that would drastically make them better? Anything they would do now would just be to set up maneuverability at the end of the season.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
What move were they gonna make at this point that would drastically make them better? Anything they would do now would just be to set up maneuverability at the end of the season.

Local news showed a still of Nicholson and Sandler at last night's game. Both looked like they would've rather been some place other than courtside.
They waited way too long to deal Pau. Should have dealt him in the summer.
Guess the Lakers like their roster and didnt want to make any more moves.

I didnt mean they should get players for this year to make them better. Sorry if that is the impression I gave. I meant that I was surprised they didnt make the move to dump Kaman, Hill, and Pau
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Feb 20, 2014 at 11:21 PM ]
They could claim Earl Clark and/or Antwan Jamison off waivers.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
According to Mitch, they weren't interested in just getting salary relief and getting junk back. They wanted good basketball moves in his words, anyways Jordan hill has been one of the most consistent players anyways and is valuable once d'antoni gets canned hopefully this summer

Three words for this: Mitch is lying.
[ Edited by kray28 on Feb 21, 2014 at 6:26 PM ]
We can still beat the celtics.
Bazemore Brooks So Cool

Bazemore Brooks So Cool

They tore it up! Doesn't take much to be the best players on the court for the Lakers at any given point. lol
Bazemore Brooks So Cool

They tore it up! Doesn't take much to be the best players on the court for the Lakers at any given point. lol

I really hope Bazemore makes it with the Lakers. He is a great kid.
Bazemore Brooks So Cool

I really hope Bazemore makes it with the Lakers. He is a great kid.

He's the reason the Lakers did this deal. They like him quite a bit, from what I understand.
This is what I'd like:

Jordan Farmar - Keep
Jordan Hill - Keep but market will determine this
Nick Young - Gone, likely due to market
Kaman - Gone
Gasol - I seriously have no idea. For his sake, I think he should leave so I'll say Gone.
Jodie Meeks - I'd like to keep but market will determine this
Xavier Henry - Keep
Wesley Johnson - Keep
Ryan Kelly - Gone
Shawne Williams - Gone
Bazemore/Brooks - Jury is still out

Next year...

PG - Nash, Farmar, Marshall
SG - Bryant, Meeks
SF - Johnson, Henry
PF - Hill
C - Sacre

9 guys. I believe we have both our draft picks this year so two rookies squeeze into the equation somehow. It'd then be nice to pick up two to three FAs. I would love Bosh and/or Lowry. Lowry has played himself to a bigger contract than we can or would be willing to give him. Bosh, Idk what happens in Miami but he's got a house in LA so...there's a chance!

FA Targets
Chris Bosh
Kyle Lowry
Trevor Ariza*
DeJuan Blair

*Ariza really depends on whether we also keep Bazemore/Brooks. If we keep either of them, then I'm not sure we go after Trevor because it'll be a logjam of wing players.

Let's get into wet dream scenario...Nash retires, we stretch him via stretch provision. We sign Bosh and Blair, and some lower tier big man like...Jason Smith

PG - Farmar, Marshall
SG - Bryant, Meeks
SF - Johnson, Henry
PF - Bosh, Blair, Hill
C - Sacre, Smith

This is just a rough draft and me thinking out loud. I've got to go through cap numbers and what not. Plus, we'd have the two rookie picks too to add to this. It's far from special but a step in the right direction I think.

*Edit: I especially like the above situation if we target an Exum or Smart with our pick (predicting it's in the 4 to 8 range). It's still early but my draft crush as of now would probably be Noah Vonleh from Indiana. I also would really like to see us swing a sign and trade for Pau or somebody over the summer to get us a 2nd round pick. A lot of guys I like that could be had in the 2nd round.
[ Edited by GameOver on Feb 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM ]
The return of Swaggy-P was spoiled with a loss. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Share 49ersWebzone