LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 166 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Jesus, how did this team turn into such a dumpster fire?

Always have been brother
Steve Blake to golden state for Kent bazemore and Marshawn brooks

Good trade for both teams IMO
I know nothing about those 2 dudes. Do they suck and this is just a cap move?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

While the lakers do get some cap room, brooks is a young and talented dude he just hasn't been given minutes
Dudes at LG know what's up. LMAO

There's a thread about Steven A Smith saying this is dantoni's last year. The 4th post in the thread is this:

Originally posted by "venturalakersfan":
That is true, I know it was supposed to be a surprise, but I will break it now. The Laker head coach in 2014-2015 will be Golden Throat (Pete). Tweet that.

LOL!
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Surprised the Lakers couldnt get more than that.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Feb 19, 2014 at 7:19 PM ]

Yes and Yes
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Yes and Yes

i hear bazemore is a goofball off the bench, hopefully he gets hyphy like turiaf used to, and gives us some entertainment
I guess Brooks is like the biggest Kobe fan in the NBA:

I've read some interviews you've done recently and it seems you're now a little bothered about the Kobe Bryant comparisons. Is that right?

MB: I respect Kobe Bryant's game so much that I don't think anybody should be compared to him. I might play like him a tiny bit, but I would say I play more like Jamal Crawford than Kobe Bryant.

Have you had the chance to meet Kobe Bryant?

MB: No, I didn't. Hopefully I'll have the chance to meet him soon.

Will you get a little star struck when you meet him?

MB: Nah, I doubt it. Maybe I would have been a couple of years ago, but now even if I get a little star struck you can't show it if you want to play against him.

Brooks has said in a number of interviews that he models his game and work ethic after Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant. Working out with Bryant's trainer, Tim Grover, in preparation for the draft, has some analysts, and even Grover himself, acknowledging Brooks' similarities to his idol.

"I don't like that," Brooks said during an interview at the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago. "I think the respect I have for Kobe is out of this world. I look up to him. I don't think anyone that hasn't scored a point in the NBA should be compared to him."

Brooks may not like it, but he isn't willing to completely dismiss the comparison.

"Honestly, I watch tape sometimes and see why people would say that," Brooks said. "I can see where they get that from, but I'm just going to keep working."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22gXKsYbXkI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R0KCpeccZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE_rcEh2CtE

Howard gonna have a career game
Howard gonna have a career game

The only way to stop him is to go to the hack a shaq. Kaman and Sacre are the only big men to stop him. That ain't gonna work. lol
I'll bet Pete's team doesn't turn the ball over that clumsily.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Surprised the Lakers couldnt get more than that.

My understanding is that they like Bazemore, who has a $1.2M player option for next year. The primary purpose of this deal is to get under the Luxury Tax. It's likely that Jordan Hill & Chris Kaman will be traded for next to nothing tomorrow.
I'll bet Pete's team doesn't turn the ball over that clumsily.

You overestimate me.
Share 49ersWebzone