LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'd rather keep Hill instead of dantoni.

this
The Charlotte Bobcats have discussed a trade with the Los Angeles Lakers for Pau Gasol.

A source downplayed the seriousness of the talks due to the Lakers' price of a first round pick. The Bobcats are unlikely to give up a pick for Gasol unless they viewed him as a long-term investment. Gasol turns 34 in July and is playing in his 15th NBA season.
Gasol and Jefferson, Lol Jordan's drunk again
Seriously, Kaman and Pau need to be off this team come Thursday at 1pm or whenever the deadline is. Not for nothing, but get a first and a 2nd out of it. Get a young, raw prospect out of it. Get SOMETHING out of it.
The Cavs previously discussed acquiring Chris Kaman from the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources said, but those talks have stalled. Akron Beacon Journal
Originally posted by GameOver:
The Cavs previously discussed acquiring Chris Kaman from the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources said, but those talks have stalled. Akron Beacon Journal

The lakers want kyrie in return
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Lol

If I was the Lakers I'd throw everything at the cave for Kyrie. Be like "you know he's leaving anyway. You don't want to be stuck with nothing when he walks. Just do it."
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Lol

If I was the Lakers I'd throw everything at the cave for Kyrie. Be like "you know he's leaving anyway. You don't want to be stuck with nothing when he walks. Just do it."

i would jiz in my cereal if that happened
The Brooklyn Nets are now willing to go forward with a trade for Jordan Hill despite a huge tax hit.

The Nets can acquire Hill using their Disabled Player Exception.

The Los Angeles Lakers are talking to multiple teams about Hill, who does not figure in their long-term plans.

The cost of acquiring Hill would be approximately $17 million to the Nets.

ABSURD...the one guy we are about to get rid of who should STAY. How much of a pay raise is this guy gonna get on the open market this summer? It can't be more than $6 million/year, which he's worth and we should pay.

The Brooklyn Nets are now willing to go forward with a trade for Jordan Hill despite a huge tax hit.

The Los Angeles Lakers are talking to multiple teams about Hill, who does not figure in their long-term plans.

ABSURD...the one guy we are about to get rid of who should STAY. How much of a pay raise is this guy gonna get on the open market this summer? It can't be more than $6 million/year, which he's worth and we should pay.

The Lakers are going to deal guys to get under the Luxury Tax, especially when they're not in the team's future plans. I like Jordan Hill as well, but the Lakers sights are set elsewhere.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

The Lakers are going to deal guys to get under the Luxury Tax, especially when they're not in the team's future plans. I like Jordan Hill as well, but the Lakers sights are set elsewhere.

I don't know where but they should refocus and change the course they are attempting to take. I have no problem with them getting under the tax. Ship Kaman and/or Steve Blake. You could probably package both for some 2nd rounder(s) and get your cap relief. Don't move guys like Henry, Marshall, or Hill.
I don't know where but they should refocus and change the course they are attempting to take. I have no problem with them getting under the tax. Ship Kaman and/or Steve Blake. You could probably package both for some 2nd rounder(s) and get your cap relief. Don't move guys like Henry, Marshall, or Hill.

Don't think there is a market for any player on the Lakers. The only 'assets' (and I'm using that term loosely) are Hill and Gasol. The rest of the players on the team are 3rd string talent on average teams and would not be on the roster of a good team.
Jesus, how did this team turn into such a dumpster fire?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Jesus, how did this team turn into such a dumpster fire?

Their top 6 scorers are all injured, among many other things. lol
Share 49ersWebzone