LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 181 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Nash to start tonight and play 6-8 minutes a half. He hasn't played since Nov 10th. Over/Under on how many games he plays before getting hurt again? I'd say .5 is where I'd set the line.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Lol pau isn't even worth Barbosa let alone Bledsoe. Or a first in this draft? Lol

I don't understand how the Lakers think he's worth so much right now at this stage of his career. I wouldn't give them anything more than a 2nd round pick and a role player for him.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Lol pau isn't even worth Barbosa let alone Bledsoe. Or a first in this draft? Lol

I don't understand how the Lakers think he's worth so much right now at this stage of his career. I wouldn't give them anything more than a 2nd round pick and a role player for him.

$18 million coming off the books after this year. That's where the value is.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

The talks never were for Bledsoe, but the Lakers are looking for a non-lottery #1 pick for him. He put up 21/12 in January, and Phoenix has the rights to 4 picks in this upcoming draft, as well as a bunch of young players on the roster. They're currently slated to draft #23 and they own Indiana's pick (#30) as well. I don't think giving up one of those picks is unreasonable for a guy who'd provide them an inside scorer that they don't currently have.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Nash to start tonight and play 6-8 minutes a half. He hasn't played since Nov 10th. Over/Under on how many games he plays before getting hurt again? I'd say .5 is where I'd set the line.

2nd half of the next game so 1.5 for me
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The talks never were for Bledsoe, but the Lakers are looking for a non-lottery #1 pick for him. He put up 21/12 in January, and Phoenix has the rights to 4 picks in this upcoming draft, as well as a bunch of young players on the roster. They're currently slated to draft #23 and they own Indiana's pick (#30) as well. I don't think giving up one of those picks is unreasonable for a guy who'd provide them an inside scorer that they don't currently have.

I'd definitely trade a late 1st rounder for Pau if I'm Suns GM.

Hell...I'd give Miami's 1st, 'Shard Lewis, Roger Mason, James Jones (all expiring) for Kaman and Meeks. This will Bosh at PF full time and Meeks can start when Wade is taking a game off or two.

Haven't seen Lakers play too much....so I'm not sure if Kaman and Meeks can play defense. Rumors suggest that Miami is looking for a SG who can play some D and spread the floor. Maybe someone can chime in about their defense
Meeks leaves with an ankle injury a minute into the game. lol
Originally posted by 4ML:

Hell...I'd give Miami's 1st, 'Shard Lewis, Roger Mason, James Jones (all expiring) for Kaman and Meeks. This will Bosh at PF full time and Meeks can start when Wade is taking a game off or two.

Haven't seen Lakers play too much....so I'm not sure if Kaman and Meeks can play defense. Rumors suggest that Miami is looking for a SG who can play some D and spread the floor. Maybe someone can chime in about their defense

Meek's D? The effort is there.

His injury tonight notwithstanding, Meeks would make sense for Miami. He's not a lockdown defender, but as GO said, the effort is there and he's decent on that end. Plays very, very hard. He'd fit the description of what Miami is looking for, but the earliest 1st rounder that Miami could trade is in the 2017 draft since Cleveland owns their 2015 pick.

Pau Update...

The Phoenix Suns have stopped trade talks with the Los Angeles Lakers because they believe L.A. is asking too much for Pau Gasol, according to a source.

The Lakers covet one of the Suns' valuable first round picks in the discussions.

Talks could resume before the Feb. 20 trade deadline. The Lakers would take back Emeka Okafor's expiring contract in a potential deal.

Gasol is making $19.3 million in the last year of his contract. Okafor is making $14.4 million
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

His injury tonight notwithstanding, Meeks would make sense for Miami. He's not a lockdown defender, but as GO said, the effort is there and he's decent on that end. Plays very, very hard. He'd fit the description of what Miami is looking for, but the earliest 1st rounder that Miami could trade is in the 2017 draft since Cleveland owns their 2015 pick.

Gotcha. Btw...can't Miami trade 2014 draft pick?

No. It's called the Stepien Rule. First round picks in consecutive years can't be owed to another team. Since the '15 pick belongs to Cleveland, neither the '14 or '16 pick can be traded. They can draft someone and trade their rights after the fact, but neither the '14 or '16 pick can be traded at the deadline.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

No. It's called the Stepien Rule. First round picks in consecutive years can't be owed to another team. Since the '15 pick belongs to Cleveland, neither the '14 or '16 pick can be traded. They can draft someone and trade their rights after the fact, but neither the '14 or '16 pick can be traded at the deadline.

Interesting. In that case - maybe 2nd rounder.

2nd rounders aren't worth much though...so I doubt Lakers will do that.
Lol. I called it
Share 49ersWebzone