There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by GameOver:
I can't believe the first Laker to get in between Nick Young and the Phoenix Suns had to be Kurt Rambis...come on guys! I'm not saying what Nick did was smart but at least go and get him out of that scrum. s**t

These are fringe NBA talents on one year contracts that probably won't be back next year. Of course they don't have much of a sense of brotherhood and all that.

What happened to this team having such great chemistry and hanging out with one another so much off the court that was reported earlier in the season? True...half that team is now on the IR but c'mon! Have you no pride? Show some leadership qualities and get your guy out of there and make sure all is well. You're auditioning for a job in this league, your talent and skill is already in question might as well make sure you have as many intangibles as possible.
Funny how Nick Young didn't swing at the guy who pushed him twice, one of the Morris twins. He waits to take a cheap swipe at Dragic. Lol. Most NBA players are the same when its comes to this kind of stuff. I'm recalling Melo's punch/slap on someone.
1. Milwaukee....7-31....--
2. Orlando.......10-29...2.5
3. Utah............13-27...5.0
4. Philadelphia..13-25...6.0
5. Boston.........14-26...6.0
6. Lakers..........14-25...6.5
7. Cleveland......14-25...6.5
8. Sacramento...14-23...7.5
9. New Orleans...15-23...8.0
10. New York.....15-23...8.0

If we get to #3, we're gold. Guaranteed to get one of the Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, Smart, Exum, Randle group.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Funny how Nick Young didn't swing at the guy who pushed him twice, one of the Morris twins. He waits to take a cheap swipe at Dragic. Lol. Most NBA players are the same when its comes to this kind of stuff. I'm recalling Melo's punch/slap on someone.

Dragic shouldn't have been anywhere near there in the first place. There were 2 suns players playing enforcer and pushing young. He didn't need to rush in there to do anything.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 16, 2014 at 11:49 AM ]
Rondo with the Celtics anti-tank return tomorrow
The kings are getting that 8th seed book it
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Will be swept doe
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Will be swept doe

I don't know... The games at arco would be insane. And the kings are talented enough to beat anyone in the league it's just that they are also retarded enough to lose to anyone in the league
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Jan 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:

Then Nate Robinson went after him and Melo back-peddled the full length of the court like a scared little girl.
Magic Johnson believes the Los Angeles Lakers will continue to have issues in rebuilding their team while Jim Buss takes such an active role in player personnel decisions.

Johnson believes the Lakers need someone like Jerry West to be in control of the front office.

"You've got to have someone helping Jim. He's got to quit trying to prove a point to everybody that he can do it on his own, get his ego out of it, and just say, 'Let me get someone beside me to help achieve the goals I want.' "

The Lakers have a 14-24 record and have lost 11 of 12 games.

"Look what Pat Riley did in Miami," said Johnson. "If Pat Riley's not there, you don't get LeBron to buy in."Johnson said that Mitch Kupchak is doing a good job as general manager of the Lakers.

"Mitch is great," he said, "but he doesn't have the power."Johnson also added, "Everybody's telling me free agents don't want to sign [with the Lakers]…. They're looking at the Lakers now as a team that's dysfunctional; who's their leader, who's the guy?"
The Lakers are difficult to watch. They aren't good at defense or rebounding. They might hang with the opposition for awhile, but end up getting outscored down the stretch and lose. Every game is like Groundhog Day.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
The Lakers are difficult to watch. They aren't good at defense or rebounding. They might hang with the opposition for awhile, but end up getting outscored down the stretch and lose. Every game is like Groundhog Day.

Except today, muthaf*cka!
I was sincerely saddened when we won yesterday because of how seldom the Lakers and Niners win on the same day. Niners started off good and I thought we might break the curse, but alas......
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 20, 2014 at 5:40 PM ]
Well they put up a good fight on the 2nd leg of a B2B. Almost! lol
It's funny... I was at the game last night still thinking about the 49ers game. It dawned on me... as a Laker fan, I now know what it was like to be a kings fan. To get so close so many times and ultimately lose.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com