LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 317 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

We are currently the 6th seed... For the 1st pick... Can't be that mad. I really want Jabari.

I'm going to bulls lakers Monday. One of my bosses gave me tickets center court 9 rows up.

I CANNOT WAIT to see Kendal Marshall and Jodie Meeks start in our backcourt...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Is there a team that has a bigger bandwagon following than the Lakers? I moved out of Southern California to Virginia a few years ago. You could basically tell how well the Lakers were doing by how many Laker flags flew from car antennas. A deep play-off run and they were all over the place. I still regularly talk to two guys who live in So Cal, they said it is rare to see any Laker clothing or flags anywhere.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
We are currently the 6th seed... For the 1st pick... Can't be that mad. I really want Jabari.

I'm going to bulls lakers Monday. One of my bosses gave me tickets center court 9 rows up.

I CANNOT WAIT to see Kendal Marshall and Jodie Meeks start in our backcourt...

i wouldn't mind keeping marshall as a 2nd string 3rd string PG/SG next year. his shot has improved some, and he is still young (you can't hate on his passing)...and meeks should be a valuable bench player for us moving forward as well.
SWAGGY P! Throwing punches
Originally posted by marshniners24:

his teammates should've had his back
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by marshniners24:

his teammates should've had his back

just read about it and watched the highlight. you gotta let that go, that was a dumb move by young.
Originally posted by BobS:
Is there a team that has a bigger bandwagon following than the Lakers? I moved out of Southern California to Virginia a few years ago. You could basically tell how well the Lakers were doing by how many Laker flags flew from car antennas. A deep play-off run and they were all over the place. I still regularly talk to two guys who live in So Cal, they said it is rare to see any Laker clothing or flags anywhere.

Ah, yes...the tried and true "people that BobS talks to" method of gauging things.
I can't believe the first Laker to get in between Nick Young and the Phoenix Suns had to be Kurt Rambis...come on guys! I'm not saying what Nick did was smart but at least go and get him out of that scrum. s**t
Originally posted by GameOver:
I can't believe the first Laker to get in between Nick Young and the Phoenix Suns had to be Kurt Rambis...come on guys! I'm not saying what Nick did was smart but at least go and get him out of that scrum. s**t

These are fringe NBA talents on one year contracts that probably won't be back next year. Of course they don't have much of a sense of brotherhood and all that.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by GameOver:

These are fringe NBA talents on one year contracts that probably won't be back next year. Of course they don't have much of a sense of brotherhood and all that.

What happened to this team having such great chemistry and hanging out with one another so much off the court that was reported earlier in the season? True...half that team is now on the IR but c'mon! Have you no pride? Show some leadership qualities and get your guy out of there and make sure all is well. You're auditioning for a job in this league, your talent and skill is already in question might as well make sure you have as many intangibles as possible.

Funny how Nick Young didn't swing at the guy who pushed him twice, one of the Morris twins. He waits to take a cheap swipe at Dragic. Lol. Most NBA players are the same when its comes to this kind of stuff. I'm recalling Melo's punch/slap on someone.
1. Milwaukee....7-31....--
2. Orlando.......10-29...2.5
3. Utah............13-27...5.0
4. Philadelphia..13-25...6.0
5. Boston.........14-26...6.0
6. Lakers..........14-25...6.5
7. Cleveland......14-25...6.5
8. Sacramento...14-23...7.5
9. New Orleans...15-23...8.0
10. New York.....15-23...8.0

If we get to #3, we're gold. Guaranteed to get one of the Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, Smart, Exum, Randle group.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Funny how Nick Young didn't swing at the guy who pushed him twice, one of the Morris twins. He waits to take a cheap swipe at Dragic. Lol. Most NBA players are the same when its comes to this kind of stuff. I'm recalling Melo's punch/slap on someone.

Dragic shouldn't have been anywhere near there in the first place. There were 2 suns players playing enforcer and pushing young. He didn't need to rush in there to do anything.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 16, 2014 at 11:49 AM ]
Rondo with the Celtics anti-tank return tomorrow
The kings are getting that 8th seed book it
Share 49ersWebzone