There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Well, they look like a bottom 5 team.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
I've never seen the Lakers lose by this much before. Holy s**t!

Probably the worst roster in the league right now with all their injuries. I wonder if Buss still thinks giving Kobe all that money was a smart thing to do.

One of the worst signings ever. I know its Kobe and all but common sense still should've played a part in the signing.
This current squad, when playing as best as they can, can maybe squeak out a win every now and then, but probably lose by about 10. They simply weren't even trying out there tonight. Dudes were getting their own rebounds on FT misses. lol
First Laker game I've gone too since Game 4 in 2007 against Phoenix and THAT'S the product I see?

The effort was non-existent. The passion? Ha! Man...we need to ship Pau out ASAP. Get SOME sort of asset and just let this team sink the rest of the year. I haven't sang this tune AT ALL since we hired him but D'Antoni has got to be gone next year. Inexcusable to have Jordan Hill in the doghouse and Hill was playing so uninspired tonight to boot. I can only think of blaming Mike (justly or unjustly so) for that along with the team's energy level. I'm not mad about losses, this team isn't good. However, at least get the players believing in themselves and inspired enough to try on the court! What the hell are you coaching out there dude?

And where did all these Clipper fans come from? They were loud, proud, and dare I say...obnoxious? lol it was a weird scene...
Keep 'em coming. These injuries are the best thing that could have happened to this team, which was sprinting toward mediocrity and eventual Knickdom. We have an excellent shot at a Top 5 pick now, perhaps even Top 3.

1. Milwaukee........7-28....--
2. Orlando..........10-26...2.5
3. Utah...............12-26...3.5
4. Philadelphia....12-24...4.5
5. Boston...........13-24...5.0
6. Sacramento....12-22...5.5
7. Cleveland.......13-23...5.5
8. New York.......13-22...6.0
9. Lakers............14-23...6.0

...2.5 games out of the #3 spot and the Lakers are in full free fall. Thank God.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Keep 'em coming. These injuries are the best thing that could have happened to this team, which was sprinting toward mediocrity and eventual Knickdom. We have an excellent shot at a Top 5 pick now, perhaps even Top 3.

...2.5 games out of the #3 spot and the Lakers are in full free fall. Thank God.

Dammit.

The Lakers are even elite at tanking.
I think there's a decent chance that Trevor Ariza and/or Carlos Boozer are Lakers next year.
Bad owner = Bad Hire
Bad Hire = Bad coach
Bad coach = Bad team
Bad team = Bad Effort

Seems so elementary doesn't it?
Originally posted by vermonator:
Bad owner = Bad Hire
Bad Hire = Bad coach
Bad coach = Bad team
Bad team = Bad Effort

Seems so elementary doesn't it?

The starting lineup last night was Kendall Marshall, Jodie Meeks, Wesley Johnson, Robert Sacre, & Pau Gasol.

Blaming the fact that this is a bad, 14-23 team on Mike D'Antoni is completely absurd.
Originally posted by crzy:

Dammit.

The Lakers are even elite at tanking.

Why did they waive Shawne Williams and go with a short roster?
[ Edited by SoCal9er on Jan 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM ]
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Trade for Lebron looming imo
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Non guaranteed contract. Trying to get under the luxury tax.
I think there's a decent chance that Trevor Ariza and/or Carlos Boozer are Lakers next year.

I think Ariza would be a good addition but not so sure about Boozer.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com