There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
That was a very predictable outcome.

I couldn't watch tonight. I didn't want to spoil the 49ers outcome with that garbage game.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Thank You Gentlemen.

PR is great. The atmosphere is meh in both the PR and lower bowl behind the basket. I'd go with PR. Honestly 300 level is coolest to sit with actual laker fans.

I've sat in 300s most of the time I've gone to games but it's for my dad's birthday and he's never sat in the lower bowl so I wanted to treat him. Plus, he's pretty old and displeased with the Lakers so he'd probably be more excited to see the opposing team play (which happens to be the Clippers) lol
Yeah, that is one thing I failed to mention. This would be a Laker/Clipper game with it being Clippers home. Not sure that makes much of a difference since they're just changing the lighting and court layout but yeah.
Gasol for Bynum swap rumors out there
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I think we'd need to be getting more than just Bynum sent our way.

Word. Like a therapist.

The Los Angeles Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers have discussed a trade involving a swap of Pau Gasol for Andrew Bynum.

No deal is believed to be imminent, but both sides are considering it ahead of the Jan. 7 deadline for when the second half of Bynum's salary for the season becomes guaranteed.

The Lakers could save more than $20 million in salary and luxury taxes by trading for Bynum and then waiving him.

A trade would need to include at least one additional player to make the deal work and perhaps other assets from the Cavaliers.

Sources say the Lakers are reluctant to part with Gasol in any trade without receiving assets of some value in return.

The Cavaliers have pursued Gasol since this past summer when they had extensive talks with the Lakers, which ended after Dwight Howard signed with the Houston Rockets.
I'd ship Pau for Bynum, CJ Miles, and their 2014 1st rounder. Of course, there's almost no chance in hell I'd imagine they'd do that.
I'd ship Pau for Bynum, CJ Miles, and their 2014 1st rounder. Of course, there's almost no chance in hell I'd imagine they'd do that.

lol getting miles for gasol would be a stretch
Originally posted by marshniners24:

lol getting miles for gasol would be a stretch

Bynum is nothing but a paycheck to them...why not ship him out for Pau and HOPE that Pau gets a rebirth playing there next to Kyrie and is enough to push them into the playoffs. When's the last time Cleveland was even in the dance? LeBron? They just got spurred pretty bad on that Bennett pick so maybe they're turned off to the draft slightly and would like to trade a pick or two for some vets. Why not a vet who will come off your books next year too so you could go after some FAs (Luol Deng?). CJ Miles is just a filler. It could be Gee or anyone else who's salary makes sense. They can keep Bennett and Waiters and company. I just want THEIR 1st round pick...

Let a man believe, Marsh!
@Lakerholicz
UPDATE: The Lakers want a first-round pick from the Cavs for Gasol; both sides said to be "serious" about a deal.

SUCK IT MARSH.
They own Miami & Memphis' 1st Round pick in '15. I think it's more likely we'd get one of those. That'd be fine by me.
Originally posted by kray28:
he dislikes Kobe and the Lakers.

Who doesn't?
Having two first rounders in next years draft would be amazing. I would then turn around and flip them for Jabari Parker (pipe dream)
Well I certainly didn't expect that 1st quarter.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com