There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Kobe and the overall offense looked much better. The grade of Pau's decline has been incredible. I don't think he's even an average NBA player anymore.

I agree that Kobe looked better but it just isn't gunna work in this system. D'antoni's offense involves constant ball movement to find the open shooter. As soon as the ball touches Kobe's hands the flow stops and it seems like nobody knows wtf to do. Just so frustrating to me seeing that it's Kobe's last few years in the league and we're wasting it with a coach that won't be able to get it done. And yeah, Hill needs to play way more at this point. He only played 19 minutes but still gave us a huge boost every time he came in

Last night, the Lakers scored 108 points, shot 48.8% from the field, shot 32 free throws, and had 11 turnovers. That should be good enough to win. Kobe had 11 shot attempts. 5 guys had double digit shot attempts, and 6 guys scored in double figures. 108 should win you games. We gotta play better defense, and find a big that's willing to step up and protect the basket.

I think I am just ranting in general, not necessarily about the game. I just don't think we will get anywhere and we're wasting Kobe's last years with a coach who wants to run such a fast offense that it really screws us in defense. If we run down the court and miss, our transition defense is garbage and we can't stop them from scoring back
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM ]
We have to surround 24 with athletes that can shoot, slash, and play D. Wesley Johnson has been great so far, Jordan Hill is solid but might just be a player who can give you no more than 20-25 minutes/game, we need a better 5 than Pau (I'm still holding out on the fact that his ankle is just causing him to look this bad) that is strictly focused on defense (God damnit Dwight). We also need a starting caliber 4 that can do pretty much the same thing (play D, rebound).

Jordan Hill, Wesley Johnson, Xavier Henry, Jodie Meeks, and Jordan Farmar would make for a great bench next year. We just need a starting caliber PG (Sorry Steve, Hello Kyle Lowry!), starting caliber SF (Hello Luol Deng! Or if he'll be as cheap as I think he'll be, Hello Danny Granger!), PF, and C. f**k...lol
[ Edited by GameOver on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM ]
Blake out 6 weeks...um who's gonna play PG lol
Originally posted by marshniners24:

What're you doing for the next 6 weeks?

Jamaal Tinsley

I know that's pretty but he is a vet that can distribute the ball. Can't hit a bucket but can run an offense.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

What're you doing for the next 6 weeks?

lolololol for real
  • jrg
  • Veteran
not as good as marsh, but he is available

Originally posted by jrg:

Now this is a high quality post. First post in which jrg didn't tell a lie
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Dec 12, 2013 at 2:11 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:

Now this is a high quality post. First post in which jrg didn't tell a lie

Lmao
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Why is Jim Brown talking about Kobe? WTF?!?

Originally posted by 4ML:
Why is Jim Brown talking about Kobe? WTF?!?

Arsenio needs to talk about something...

Dunno if it's all smoke and mirrors but sounds like we're gonna roll with Kobe, Jodie, and X playing the 1 with Steve and Farmar out...
Jodie at PG doesn't upset me. It's not like he's playing traditional PG. Just bring the ball up pass and go set up.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Taking the 2nd of a back to back is a shock even if it is the Bobcats
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com