Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Big night huh?

Good luck dudes.
Originally posted by jrg:
Big night huh?

Good luck dudes.

At this point, it's just a treat to be able to see him play. No one's ever played this long for one team while having as much success as he's had. The only guys that have played as long or longer with one team is Stockton, Malone, & Reggie Miller...none of whom ever won a title. No one with this much mileage has ever come back from a major injury.

I have no idea how good he'll be, but it'll be a pleasure to see him play. I was 15 years old when the Lakers drafted him. Now I'm a HS coach with an almost 11 year old son.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Dec 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM ]
what a day for us, with the 49ers win and kobe coming back
He definitely looks a little rusty out there. Haven't seen any explosion out of him, but that's to be expected. Just great seeing him on the court.
as great as it is seeing kobe, its equally as awful to see gasol play like this
I'm not gonna lie. He kinda f**ked up the flow out there tonight. He kept trying to make the thread the needle spectacular pass, but all he did was turn the ball over. It's ok. He wasn't the only one playing less than stellar out there tonight. It's gonna take time to get him where he needs to be.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm not gonna lie. He kinda f**ked up the flow out there tonight. He kept trying to make the thread the needle spectacular pass, but all he did was turn the ball over. It's ok. He wasn't the only one playing less than stellar out there tonight. It's gonna take time to get him where he needs to be.

Agree with the first half of this. I thought Coach shouldn't have replaced Xavier with him and let the bench finish the game. Kobe needs to let the game come to him and warm himself back up. Also looked a bit meh on defense after the 1st quarter, especially with how much he was cheating off of Novak. Come on, son!

Regardless, he's back. Hopefully by January, he'll have his legs under him.
No need to put Kobe on ball on the PnR. Blake was doing just fine with that. Hope this isn't the plan going forward. He's TO prone in the best of circumstances.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
No need to put Kobe on ball on the PnR. Blake was doing just fine with that. Hope this isn't the plan going forward. He's TO prone in the best of circumstances.

I miss Farmar.

LOL at Nick Young lay up attempt
hopefully, he looks better tonight.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
hopefully, he looks better tonight.

Maybe next game. He looks so out of shape.
As bad as the Lakers played in the first half, I'm amazed they're only down 5. Just need to tighten up the defense and they can get right back on top.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
As bad as the Lakers played in the first half, I'm amazed they're only down 5. Just need to tighten up the defense and they can get right back on top.

agreed. if the defense steps up we can take the game. Big IF though
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com