There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

We were just on the jumobtron dancing to tutti frutti for days!!! lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
We were just on the jumobtron dancing to tutti frutti for days!!! lol

Nice!!
Very entertaining team. They're a go to guy away from being a pretty solid squad. 7-7 against the hardest strength of schedule in the league (according to basketball-reference) is impressive.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Very entertaining team. They're a go to guy away from being a pretty solid squad. 7-7 against the hardest strength of schedule in the league (according to basketball-reference) is impressive.

"We love it!"

Did Kobe sign a new contract?
Originally posted by valrod33:

Did Kobe sign a new contract?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/230839/Kobe-Bryant-Signs-Two-Year-Extension-With-Lakers-Worth-$485M
Yesssssss!
I'm curious to hear what the real knowledgable fans think of giving 48 million to Kobe think. Pete?
Shots fired at Stoney lol
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Shots fired at Stoney lol

Bad wording. Stoney is such a Lakers fan that I think they could pay Kobe 50 Million per year and he would be happy. I mean, there isnt a bigger fan than him. I just think Pete is more likely to be unbiased when it comes to the signing. Thats all.
$48 million!

Jesus...

Thanks for the hometown discount Bean...
That's a lot of money to make over three years (including this one)
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Ugh. I love Kobe, but I have serious doubts he is worth max money at this point. I guess I'm happy it seems like he'll retire a Laker but I don't envision the team being contenders over that period.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
That's a lot of money to make over three years (including this one)

It really is. If this was baseball with no salary cap it would be fine... reward Kobe for all he has meant to the franchise. But in a cap league where the Lakers clearly need to add 2 impact pieces to win a title I just dont think it makes sense. But, maybe I'm wrong.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com