There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Looks like my Laker dude jumped the gun. Not entirely surprised. Woj says that Kobe's been ruled out for Friday, and probably for Sunday too.

Pete, do you think there is any chance the Lakers could actually make the playoffs with Kobe. I find that almost impossible to believe unless the top 9 teams have injuries. Wouldnt it be smart to let Kobe sit out as long as possible and clearly be 100% and set the team up for a potential Lottery pick?

imo, some of this teams loses were in the 4th quarter, and the games were close. we lack somebody like kobe who can take over in the 4th. the games that we have won in the 4th quarter, me moved the ball well around and hit 3s like crazy, and that just aint gonna happen every game.

if this team can keep up this kind of chemistry while kobe is on the court, i dont see why we cant make the playoffs.

OKC
San Antonio
LAC
Portland
GSW
Houston
Memphis
Dallas
Minnesota

The Lakers would need to pass 2 of those teams. I just dont see it even with Kobe.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Looks like my Laker dude jumped the gun. Not entirely surprised. Woj says that Kobe's been ruled out for Friday, and probably for Sunday too.

Pete, do you think there is any chance the Lakers could actually make the playoffs with Kobe. I find that almost impossible to believe unless the top 9 teams have injuries. Wouldnt it be smart to let Kobe sit out as long as possible and clearly be 100% and set the team up for a potential Lottery pick?

imo, some of this teams loses were in the 4th quarter, and the games were close. we lack somebody like kobe who can take over in the 4th. the games that we have won in the 4th quarter, me moved the ball well around and hit 3s like crazy, and that just aint gonna happen every game.

if this team can keep up this kind of chemistry while kobe is on the court, i dont see why we cant make the playoffs.

OKC
San Antonio
LAC
Portland
GSW
Houston
Memphis
Dallas
Minnesota

The Lakers would need to pass 2 of those teams. I just dont see it even with Kobe.

the west is tough like always, but a couple of those teams have some questions marks. especially dallas; memphis has been struggling (and they have few players who can create their own shots), minnesota really lacks depth (love or rubio gets injured, they are done).

i really think its possible, but i am bit of a homer when it comes to the lakers
the west is tough like always, but a couple of those teams have some questions marks. especially dallas; memphis has been struggling (and they have few players who can create their own shots), minnesota really lacks depth (love or rubio gets injured, they are done).

i really think its possible, but i am bit of a homer when it comes to the lakers

Its always good to be positive about your team.
Damn, I was hoping there was a slight chance Kobe would play Sunday since I'm going to the game.
Kings > lakers with kobe
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Kings > lakers with kobe

Well according to the standings, it's Lakers w/o Kobe > kings lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Kings > lakers with kobe

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Kings > lakers with kobe

By a half game lol and Phoenix is ahead of you guys who we beat twice!
If the bench stay somewhat consistent with 45-50 ppg I don't see why not? That's injecting 20-25 ppg in the starting lineup with Kobe. Yes, I believe the lakers can make the playoffs. Gasol won't have to shoulder the load anymore which I'm sure will make him happy.

Side note: I know it's super sad to see all this stuff develop with Nash but the guy needs to just retire. Farmar and Blake can man the PG until we find a capable starting PG. Mitch, work that wand SON!
Originally posted by socalfan21:
If the bench stay somewhat consistent with 45-50 ppg I don't see why not? That's injecting 20-25 ppg in the starting lineup with Kobe. Yes, I believe the lakers can make the playoffs. Gasol won't have to shoulder the load anymore which I'm sure will make him happy.

Side note: I know it's super sad to see all this stuff develop with Nash but the guy needs to just retire. Farmar and Blake can man the PG until we find a capable starting PG. Mitch, work that wand SON!

yep, i think it would be best for the team if he just retires.
Not clowning your team at all, because, well I'm a Kings fan and there ain't that much I can say. But, I just heard on the radio that Meeks is your leading scorer at about 13.5 a game? WTF? That is really surprising. Why the f**k isn't Gasol getting at least 15 ppg. He is the number one option... If you told me Nick Young or Jordan Hill I wouldn't be as surpised. Meeks though? But, in all fairness, you guys have a couple of guys (including Gasol) right around 13 ppg.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Not clowning your team at all, because, well I'm a Kings fan and there ain't that much I can say. But, I just heard on the radio that Meeks is your leading scorer at about 13.5 a game? WTF? That is really surprising. Why the f**k isn't Gasol getting at least 15 ppg. He is the number one option... If you told me Nick Young or Jordan Hill I wouldn't be as surpised. Meeks though? But, in all fairness, you guys have a couple of guys (including Gasol) right around 13 ppg.

Nobody is really stepping up to take the lead role. It's whoever is feeling it on that particular night.
Impressive 1st half, going a lot better than expected
Well that was cool.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

what a win!
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com