There are 177 users in the forums

**LeBron James Off-season Thread**

Originally posted by 4ML:
If Lebron is smart and doesn't give a f**k about ppl making up random standards for greatness - he'd go to Houston.

Lineup of Beverly, Harden, Parsons, Lebron, Howard will be great. I'd even try to trade Harden for 'Melo.

If he does go to Houston - you'll see all the ppl who have been trashing Howard for past two years will once again label him superstar and top 10 player lol

He needs to go to Houston and I hope for him he does. Miami has a bench of a bunch of old has been players who are mid to late thirties. Who knew Wades knees would collapse on him so fast? I bet Lebron thought Wade would hold up longer than this. 32 and completely finished. That's just sad. Most guys can make to 35 or even 36 or 37. No way he is on a Big 3 anymore. Not even Big 2. Bosh is so soft and just likes to shoot from the outside. He doesn't want to mix it up in the middle fighting for rebounds.

Wade started to decline last year and it was worse this year. Missed 1/3 of the games and faded fast in the playoffs. No way that gets better as time goes on. It will get worse and worse. Lebron needs to bail. This team looks like a Big 1. Or Big 1 1/2 if you count Bosh as a half since he is so soft and only shows up about 1/2 the time.

Houston would be incredible with Lebron. It's the perfect lineup for Lebron and a deeper, longer bench with younger more active players. The Heat are so old and slow down the bench after the 3. Wade looks like he is 42 and not 32.

He says he likes Miami and doesn't want to leave but he's got to go IMO. There is no use sticking around there any longer. Wades knees will just get worse and worse. The bench is so bad and they are too pressed against the cap to add bench talent.

Melo instead of Harden would be awesome. Not sure if they can pull that off. But even Harden is not bad.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jun 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM ]
Go to Portland
  • Jiks
I'm no cap expert but how in the heck could Houston afford all these players? Lin, Harden, Lebron, Howard, Carmello? Even without Harden, Lebron and Carmello would be asking for max deals I take it. Put that on top of Howards deal and I don't see how they could possibly afford it.

I could be wrong though.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I'm no cap expert but how in the heck could Houston afford all these players? Lin, Harden, Lebron, Howard, Carmello? Even without Harden, Lebron and Carmello would be asking for max deals I take it. Put that on top of Howards deal and I don't see how they could possibly afford it.

I could be wrong though.

That's what I was wondering, too. I'm guessing they could do a sign and trade?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I could be wrong though.

That's what I was wondering, too. I'm guessing they could do a sign and trade?

Yeah they may not resign Parsons and Lin is always on the trade market so I'm sure they'll be looking to trade him and Asik.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Haha love the thread title change
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I could be wrong though.

Of course, they won't keep/add all those guys. Lin and Asik are expiring contracts and will have to be traded. Trading Asik won't be a problem - in fact they can get a 1st round pick for him without taking any salary in return. Lin could be complicated - but they can use the pick they get in Asik's trade and use it to trade Lin to another team with cap room. They will also look to trade Motiejunas and Francisco Garcia - and those 4 moves should save them around 20M.

Once they clear Lin and Asik - they'll have Howard (20M) Harden (14M) and bunch of other dudes 7-8M total. That's around $42M accounted for and with cap to be around 63M - they can easily fit in Lebron.

To get Carmelo - they'll have to trade Harden and hope Melo and Lebron are willing to take pay-cuts - which I'm sure they will if they can play together.

Also, Houston will sign Parsons. They have his birds right and IIRC - they can go over the cap to sign him.

I could be wrong though.

Of course, they won't keep/add all those guys. Lin and Asik are expiring contracts and will have to be traded. Trading Asik won't be a problem - in fact they can get a 1st round pick for him without taking any salary in return. Lin could be complicated - but they can use the pick they get in Asik's trade and use it to trade Lin to another team with cap room. They will also look to trade Motiejunas and Francisco Garcia - and those 4 moves should save them around 20M.

Once they clear Lin and Asik - they'll have Howard (20M) Harden (14M) and bunch of other dudes 7-8M total. That's around $42M accounted for and with cap to be around 63M - they can easily fit in Lebron.

To get Carmelo - they'll have to trade Harden and hope Melo and Lebron are willing to take pay-cuts - which I'm sure they will if they can play together.

Also, Houston will sign Parsons. They have his birds right and IIRC - they can go over the cap to sign him.

Yeah, they first need to deal Lin and Asik, then sign whoever it is, I don't like James to be honest, never was a fan of his, but if they do than fine. Parson can be signed after James, Bosh, or whoever is added, and go over the cap to keep Parsons.

They would still have Terrence Jones, and Beverley.
LeBron's goin to the Dubs. Book it
I would be shocked if he leaves Miami. He can "recruit" almost anybody he wants to go play there, unlike in Cleveland where nobody wanted to go. He leaves Miami, and undoubtedly he's gonna get a lot of s**t for that. I don't think he wants that drama again and I don't see why he can't continue winning in Miami.

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Steph
Klay
LeBron
Lee
Bogut
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233879/Kevin-Love-Trade-Talks-Between-Wolves-Warriors-Now-Dead
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Westbrook for James. Both teams win.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I think Houston and Warriors are both great options for James. Houston is the best fit considering there is no tax in Houston and they're a healthier team with Howard, Harden, and Parsons. Giving big contracts to Bogut and Iggy really hurts their flexibility though they do have $9M in exceptions - so they can add another piece if they can make the trades to have enough room for Lebron.

I think Houston and Warriors are both great options for James. Houston is the best fit considering there is no tax in Houston and they're a healthier team with Howard, Harden, and Parsons. Giving big contracts to Bogut and Iggy really hurts their flexibility though they do have $9M in exceptions - so they can add another piece if they can make the trades to have enough room for Lebron.

Houston wouldn't be able to keep Parsons if they sign LeBron I would imagine. Yeah they have his bird rights but there will still be a cap hold blocking up space until they sign him.
Share 49ersWebzone