There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**LeBron James Off-season Thread**

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by jrg:
I think that was stupid to begin with. It's not like Jordan ever played for the Cavaliers.

Miami had retired Jordan's no. a while back. I don't really know why lol but whatever. Lebron said no one should wear 23 when he joined Miami...so, social media is once again losing their s**ts like they got diarrhea...apparently they can't comprehend that a man can change his mind lol

With all due respect, you are the ultimate fanboy, 4ML. lol

Oh you don't have to say "with all due respect" because I really don't care what you think of me.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think that was stupid to begin with. It's not like Jordan ever played for the Cavaliers.

Miami had retired Jordan's no. a while back. I don't really know why lol but whatever. Lebron said no one should wear 23 when he joined Miami...so, social media is once again losing their s**ts like they got diarrhea...apparently they can't comprehend that a man can change his mind lol

With all due respect, you are the ultimate fanboy, 4ML. lol

Oh you don't have to say "with all due respect" because I really don't care what you think of me.

No, it's true. I say that because it's not a "f**k you" I'm putting out there by calling you that. s**t, I'm a kobe fanboy. lol But seriously, bro. Lebron can not do a single thing wrong in your eyes and every single thing the guy does/says/anything you find a way to explain rationally and defend him. You never ever just laugh at some of the funny s**t about him or that he does. You're like a machine. Unrelenting in your love and ability to defend his royal highness. lol
My favorite regular season game in the last 4 years. During the streak...down 27 midway through 3rd and a great comeback against Cavs.

and the best moment of the game...

Gonna miss the Heatles!
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 28, 2014 at 12:59 AM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

you dont think its a bit high and mighty? i can wear 23 for 7 or 8 years then i switch teams and i think league wide nobody should wear #23 (a la gretzky's 99 in hockey) but then after 4 years i can change my mind when it benefits me?

He's the best player in the World - I'm sure the dude has a huge ego and thinks the NBA revolves around him. Is this a shock to ppl? Lesser ppl think the World revolves around them.

He changed his mind. Had he kept the number "6" - ppl were gonna be like - of course he picked "6" - he wants more ppl to buy his jersey. lol

its not so much a shock as it is funny watching people try to defend it. respect the guys game but between back tracking on this and his "preliminary" throwing his name into the slam dunk contest and backing out years ago, he's just a flake when it comes to backing up to his initial stance on things.
Fool should have kept #6. I understand the 23 being special in the NBA and players wearing it. But not LBJ. Not when you're an all time great. Get your own s**t man.

...that's surprising. WTF?!? It can't be that all the haters moved to OKC lol. Even Texas?
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM ]
I'm not sure this Kevin Love thing makes sense anymore. He says he wants to play out the 1 final year on his contract. He will not extend with another team. One way of looking at it is the salary cap goes up in 2015 and so he wants to resign then at a higher salary.

But if you give up Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st rounder for a 1 year rental that just makes no sense. Those guys are on rookie salary scale and will be for several more years. You can build a team around that. You need some kind of guarantee Kevin Love stays for longer. He may just want the higher 2015 extension. But you expose yourself to risk here IMO. If he does leave you already traded away Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st round pick for a 1 year rental.

It does seem likely he will resign at the higher cap # in 2015. It's just a risk.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm not sure this Kevin Love thing makes sense anymore. He says he wants to play out the 1 final year on his contract. He will not extend with another team. One way of looking at it is the salary cap goes up in 2015 and so he wants to resign then at a higher salary.

But if you give up Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st rounder for a 1 year rental that just makes no sense. Those guys are on rookie salary scale and will be for several more years. You can build a team around that. You need some kind of guarantee Kevin Love stays for longer. He may just want the higher 2015 extension. But you expose yourself to risk here IMO. If he does leave you already traded away Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st round pick for a 1 year rental.

It does seem likely he will resign at the higher cap # in 2015. It's just a risk.

I know its not Love's fault the fans and media are obsessed with him, but damn I'm tired of hearing about him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I want to see Wiggins and Waiters with Lebron first before making any big changes. I don't care for Bennett though.

Cavs are better off making a deal for Love in Jan/Feb than now.
Wiggins was never on the table. All this b******t was coming out of Cleveland, probably to see if they could get a better deal from the Warriors. Again, if Wiggins was ever offered, the trade would have happened. As though the Wolves were saying, "ya, we're probably gonna lose this guy for nothing at the end of the year, but we're gonna need a little more than a guy with star potential locked into a rookie contract for 4 years."
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Wiggins was never on the table. All this b******t was coming out of Cleveland, probably to see if they could get a better deal from the Warriors. Again, if Wiggins was ever offered, the trade would have happened. As though the Wolves were saying, "ya, we're probably gonna lose this guy for nothing at the end of the year, but we're gonna need a little more than a guy with star potential locked into a rookie contract for 4 years."

Yea a lot of rumors coming out of Wolves - no doubt. If I've to guess - nothing happens till closer to the deadline.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Well to be fair they can't even trade wiggins yet