• Veteran

Originally posted by 4ML:

Rose gonna miss the next two seasons to recover from that
LOL Losing to the 76ers? OUCH
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
LOL Losing to the 76ers? OUCH

I just finished watching the whole game on LP and it was such a strange game. 76ers jumped out of 19-0 lead...Heat came back and were down by 2 at half and had a 8-9 pt lead at the end of 3rd. Then they took the foot off the gas and lost the lead late in the 4th and were never able to turn it back on. Gotta give credit to 76ers for not giving up...a lot of young teams would have given up after starting 19-0.

Eh...but it's not a big deal. They lost to Washington Wizards in Dec. last year who at the time had the worst record in the league.

It happens when you're coming off a back-2-back championships. It's tough to motivate yourself to get up for these games on the road.
Lol the 76ers

Was AI playing??
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Almost came back...fukin' Ray Allen missed a FT. Good game.
Miami has played 40 more games than Brooklyn has over the last 3 seasons, and being that those 40 were playoff games, it's probably closer to the equivalent of an entire season considering the intensity level/wear & tear that's involved in the postseason. This is going to be a very tough season, relatively speaking. The Lakers 2011 year was a grind for similar reasons, (back-to-back champs, 3 consecutive Finals appearances) and they fell apart in the postseason.

There have been teams that have made and/or won 3 consecutive titles, but I don't think anyone's made it to the Finals 4 years in a row since Russell's Celtics. Lots of wear and tear on these guys right now, plus the fact that pretty much every game that Miami play is a much bigger game for their opponent than it is for them.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Miami has played 40 more games than Brooklyn has over the last 3 seasons, and being that those 40 were playoff games, it's probably closer to the equivalent of an entire season considering the intensity level/wear & tear that's involved in the postseason. This is going to be a very tough season, relatively speaking. The Lakers 2011 year was a grind for similar reasons, (back-to-back champs, 3 consecutive Finals appearances) and they fell apart in the postseason.

There have been teams that have made and/or won 3 consecutive titles, but I don't think anyone's made it to the Finals 4 years in a row since Russell's Celtics. Lots of wear and tear on these guys right now, plus the fact that pretty much every game that Miami play is a much bigger game for their opponent than it is for them.

Yea...that is definitely the biggest concern this season. But, I still like their chances against anyone. If Wade is healthy (big IF) in playoffs - it's going to be tough to beat this team. Lebron said before 1st regular season game - he's not at his peak fitness level and it will take him 2 weeks to get there. Wade is still recovering from his off-season procedures on his knee.

IMO...their goal shouldn't be to get the no.1 seed in NBA. They should focus solely on health and making the playoffs.
[ Edited by 4ML on Nov 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM ]
But will wade ever be fully healthy? You can't keep saying "when wade is healthy you can't beat this team" because he is never healthy
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
But will wade ever be fully healthy? You can't keep saying "when wade is healthy you can't beat this team" because he is never healthy

True...but...I never said "when" - I said "IF" and there are some good signs for me to be optimistic. He went back to his old trainer, lost weight in the off-season, and went through the same procedure in the knee Kobe went through (except not in Germany). Spols has said he'll do a better job of managing his minutes.

No one has beaten this team in 2 years with Wade not playing close to 100%. So, we'll see. IMO, Pete brings up a very fair point...but I feel pretty confident in Miami to overcome it. Miami started slow last year as well...they're not going to go in the 4th gear now...but when we're in the 2nd half.
[ Edited by 4ML on Nov 3, 2013 at 1:23 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Chalmers has been pretty decent so far this season. Last year, he would have turned that over. He's cutting down on his dumb mistakes...it's still early though.

Beasley has been a pleasant surprise. Miami finally has a decent scorer on their 2nd unit. Stay focused and don't smoke.
[ Edited by 4ML on Nov 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

It's only 9 games...but Lebron is shooting a ridiculous 61% from the field...this is after his slow start to the season.
Share 49ersWebzone