LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

**LeBron James Off-season Thread**

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
LeBron is different than Kobe and MJ in that his game is consistently diversified and all encompassing. He stuffs the box score and he defends more positions. He is the best of his era. My knock on Kobe and LeBron are the Finals losses. In particular the ones where Paul Pierce checked Kobe and won the Finals MVP and Kawhi Leonard checked LBJ and won the Finals MVP. MJ never lost a Finals but even if he did his primary defender is about to shoot 35% from the field or below. I kept waiting for LBJ to accept defeat after game four and just take the game to Kawhi Leonard. Bully him with his body and physicality and effectively neuter him on the offensive end. It is one thing to lose the series but it is another to give even the inkling of the impression that a Kawhi Leonard played the King to a draw. I felt LeBron had to take it personal and bury the kid. It didn't happen vs Leonard. It didn't happen vs Pierce. That's the difference between MJ and these guys. I still think LeBron has time to catch MJ but this series he played well and lost but I preferred that he at least dominated Kawhi and not get owned! Maybe next time

He did not get owned. The rest of his team fell apart on him. Bosh was useless. Wade has not been a star in over 2 years. The supporting cast is garbage. It's a BIG 1. Lebron put up great #'s in every game. He was far from getting owned. San Antonio won because they are like 10 deep. Miami is like 1 deep. Or 1.5 deep if you want to count Bosh as 1/2.
LA, you're awesome man but maybe you should let the teaming up in Miami thing go. You've made your point a lot of times along w/ others. Yeah, those guys teamed up. Now, its over. Even if he goes to Miami. Wade isn't the same guy and LBJ left there a champion... and he won the MVP of the finals twice so it was his team. Not Wade or Bosh's.

Maybe teaming up w/ those guys will tarnish his legacy long term. Who knows. He still has several years to write his legacy. At this point, it seems like anti Lebron people just keep harping on that and at times use subjective "facts."
Originally posted by sacniner:
LA, you're awesome man but maybe you should let the teaming up in Miami thing go. You've made your point a lot of times along w/ others. Yeah, those guys teamed up. Now, its over. Even if he goes to Miami. Wade isn't the same guy and LBJ left there a champion... and he won the MVP of the finals twice so it was his team. Not Wade or Bosh's.

Maybe teaming up w/ those guys will tarnish his legacy long term. Who knows. He still has several years to write his legacy. At this point, it seems like anti Lebron people just keep harping on that and at times use subjective "facts."

LeBron aint tarnished because he went to MIA. He led them not followed them to two chips. He didn't coattail D Wade. If anything the other way around
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He did not get owned. The rest of his team fell apart on him. Bosh was useless. Wade has not been a star in over 2 years. The supporting cast is garbage. It's a BIG 1. Lebron put up great #'s in every game. He was far from getting owned. San Antonio won because they are like 10 deep. Miami is like 1 deep. Or 1.5 deep if you want to count Bosh as 1/2.
I am not bothered that he lost to a better team but Kawhi checked him this series and then was still able to produce enough statistically to be Finals MVP. That can't happen. At a point I was waiting for LeBron to make it personal. You can't let the man checking you beat you AND be finals MVP. Can't happen!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
LeBron ainy tarnished because he went to MIA. He led them not followed them to two chips

I agree.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bleacher Report ‏@BleacherReport

Per @SamAmicoFSO, police are outside LeBron James' Akron home. They were told to expect a 3:30 ET announcement
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2102551-lebron-james-rumors-latest-buzz-and-speculation-surrounding-heat-star?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national4
Originally posted by Jcool:

Per @SamAmicoFSO, police are outside LeBron James' Akron home. They were told to expect a 3:30 ET announcement
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2102551-lebron-james-rumors-latest-buzz-and-speculation-surrounding-heat-star?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national4

Its 3:30 EST
Originally posted by valrod33:

I prefer ET
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jul 10, 2014 at 12:36 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinMT:

I prefer ET

My bad, I wasnt correcting you, i was letting you know its already 3:30 in the east

I prefer ET

My bad, I wasnt correcting you, i was letting you know its already 3:30 in the east
I didn't originally post it. I just wanted to mess with ya bud. lol

I prefer ET

I blame LeBron for this mix up

I prefer ET

Not Kevin Love?

I prefer ET

Not Kevin Love?

not yet
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN

Told by a source close to LeBron that there is no truth regarding decision any minute on his web site or anywhere else.
Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN

Told by a source close to LeBron that there is no truth regarding decision any minute on his web site or anywhere else.

This is why people hate LeBron. Hes a Brett Favre attention whore. He makes a spectacle out of everything he does. He claims this is all speculation, but hes loving everybody holding their breath over this.
Share 49ersWebzone