There are 181 users in the forums

2013-2014 NCAA Mens B-Ball thread

One thing is pretty clear.. it would suck to get the 4th pick in the draft. Wiggins, Parker, and Randle are going to all be very special in the NBA.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
One thing is pretty clear.. it would suck to get the 4th pick in the draft. Wiggins, Parker, and Randle are going to all be very special in the NBA.

Gordon From AZ is gonna be good too. and the 7 footer Embid from Kansas is raw but tons of upside. This draft is deep, sure wiggins, Parker and randle are probably the superstars of this class but you can get some good players throughout the lottery
[ Edited by valrod33 on Nov 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

Gordon From AZ is gonna be good too. and the 7 footer Embid from Kansas is raw but tons of upside. This draft is deep, sure wiggins, Parker and randle are probably the superstars of this class but you can get some good players throughout the lottery

Embid is a long way off. Of course you can get good players in the lottery but there will be a HUGE gap betwen 3 and 4.

Gordon has the ceiling of Blake Griffin but could end up a tweener like Beasley and Derrick Willliams. He killed it in high school over here in San Jose
These New Hand Check Rules Are f**kin Stupid. Every damn play is a foul. Trying to turn this s**t to the NBA.

Yeah, its frustarating. If you're going to call it this tight, have to change the foul out rule to six fouls. Although, I do like that there will be more scoring and an "up and down" pace compared to the boring ass east coast style of ball.

Embid is a long way off. Of course you can get good players in the lottery but there will be a HUGE gap betwen 3 and 4.

Dante Exum is the 4th guy, but he's an international player. I've seen some people rate him ahead of Parker. (I don't agree with that, but he's really good) Marcus Smart is #5 and a helluva two way player. Quietly had 9 steals last night when everyone was watching Wiggins/Parker/Randle.

I agree that the 3 truly special players are the ones you mentioned, but some believe that Smart & Exum belong in the conversation.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Dante Exum is the 4th guy, but he's an international player. I've seen some people rate him ahead of Parker. (I don't agree with that, but he's really good) Marcus Smart is #5 and a helluva two way player. Quietly had 9 steals last night when everyone was watching Wiggins/Parker/Randle.

I agree that the 3 truly special players are the ones you mentioned, but some believe that Smart & Exum belong in the conversation.

You guys are forgetting about the next greatest player of all time, PG Jahii Carson!!!!

Houston better draft him.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
You guys are forgetting about the next greatest player of all time, PG Jahii Carson!!!!

Houston better draft him.

I watched the ASU-UNLV game, good win by ASU on the road. I think ASU has a tourney team/bubble team. Probably lose in 1st or 2nd round though...

Jahii Carson is really really good, might be PAC-12 player of the year. Teams have trouble keeping up with him as the game goes
Idk if Marcus Smart is coming out this year but Durant approves.
Jabari Parker's game kind of reminds me of Paul Pierce...shifty/crafty, excellent midrange. First full game I saw of his was against Bama the other night. Kid's going to be something (obviously)

Originally posted by GameOver:
Jabari Parker's game kind of reminds me of Paul Pierce...shifty/crafty, excellent midrange. First full game I saw of his was against Bama the other night. Kid's going to be something (obviously)

I was thinking of Melo except better and by better I mean more versatile.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 29, 2013 at 5:23 PM ]

Exum is gonna be right up there when it comes to draft time. Kid is phenomenal. Been an all star first 5 at every junior level tournament he's been in. Proven himself against the best at the world champs.

I know it's stupid but ais and some media outlets have likened him to Jordan as a younger player. I even think one of the commentators at the world champs said the same thing.

I could easily see someone taking him in the top 3 tho depending on who's picking and need
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Exum is gonna be right up there when it comes to draft time. Kid is phenomenal. Been an all star first 5 at every junior level tournament he's been in. Proven himself against the best at the world champs.

I know it's stupid but ais and some media outlets have likened him to Jordan as a younger player. I even think one of the commentators at the world champs said the same thing.

I could easily see someone taking him in the top 3 tho depending on who's picking and need

The Jordan comparison is a weird one. Their games are very different stylistically. Even if you like Exum, he's more in the mold of a Penny Hardaway.
The Jordan comparison is a weird one. Their games are very different stylistically. Even if you like Exum, he's more in the mold of a Penny Hardaway.

Hence why I said its stupid just thought it was an interesting comparison. I didn't watch a lot of Jordan as a young player, so can't comment either way. I think out of the 4 exam would have the greatest basketball IQ kid has a presence on the court that is very impressive for someone his age. One of those guys that looks like he knows what's happening a play before everyone else.

I'm not really in a position to compare seeing as we don't get a whole lot of college ball down here unfortunately.
Watching duke v michigan. Has anyone else noticed how often Parker's teammates and bench are telling him where to go in the offense?
Share 49ersWebzone