LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 194 users in the forums

Lane Kiffin fired at USC

• Jcool
  • Veteran
edsbs ‏@edsbs

oh boyyyyy RT @coachPSully: Just spotted Jack Del Rio in LAX #USC
I don't know how that dbag ever got a job anyway. and kept getting them.
Originally posted by Jcool:
edsbs ‏@edsbs

oh boyyyyy RT @coachPSully: Just spotted Jack Del Rio in LAX #USC

WOW

Just like that.
Originally posted by kray28:
Also speaking as a fan who knows a bit more about the team than some of you casual haters...observers...the problem for USC was not Lane Kiffin, it was the over the top sanctions which have crippled the team for the past three seasons and created paper thin depth. Even with those challenges, they were finding ways to win. But as the games /season wore on...injuries would mount, and the players would get fatigued and worn out.

Kiffin isn't without his faults, but he was being asked to be a miracle worker and had limited resources to work with.

USC fired him because key recruits said they were concerned about him...which is the wrong reason to fire him. Every weekend USC lines up across from a team with recruiting advantage and more depth than them...

The idea that USC is losing because the 76th-85th guys on their roster don't have scholarship strains credulity, and the notion that teams like ASU, Utah St, Hawaii, Boston College, or WSU have a recruiting advantage over them is completely absurd.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Also speaking as a fan who knows a bit more about the team than some of you casual haters...observers...the problem for USC was not Lane Kiffin, it was the over the top sanctions which have crippled the team for the past three seasons and created paper thin depth. Even with those challenges, they were finding ways to win. But as the games /season wore on...injuries would mount, and the players would get fatigued and worn out.

Kiffin isn't without his faults, but he was being asked to be a miracle worker and had limited resources to work with.

USC fired him because key recruits said they were concerned about him...which is the wrong reason to fire him. Every weekend USC lines up across from a team with recruiting advantage and more depth than them...

The idea that USC is losing because the 76th-85th guys on their roster don't have scholarship strains credulity, and the notion that teams like ASU, Utah St, Hawaii, Boston College, or WSU have a recruiting advantage over them is completely absurd.

I agree. Kiffin wasnt being asked to be a "miracle worker". He was just being asked to do a good job and beat teams like Washington State at home.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Yep. Kiffin doesn't know how to coach. He has never had any success as a coach. USC's glaring weakness is QB and USC recruited 2 of them in 2011 that could of played anywhere in the nation, offers from all the top schools. Kiffin had them for 3 years, and they both stink.

ASU got a QB that only had 1 other college offer, and in 3 years he lead an offense to put up the most points on USC ever (?).

Its exciting as an ASU fan. If there is any program that deserves to lose in the PAC, its Arizona. Then USC
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I agree. Kiffin wasnt being asked to be a "miracle worker". He was just being asked to do a good job and beat teams like Washington State at home.

lol this lol

Kiffin not only made it so USC wasn't a marquee team in the nation... they aren't even the marquee team in their city now. UCLA has been balling out under Jim Mora.
John Fox on Jack Del Rio: "I know he's focused on Dallas. He wasn't at LAX. I was with him at DelFriscos when that report happened."
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Did he really say "Over the top sanctions"? Yeah, it's not like they haven't repeatedly committed NCAA violations time and time again to cheat their way to the top. lol

When are the Seahawks gonna get their sanctions though?

God I hate that cheating b*****d Pete Carroll.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Did he really say "Over the top sanctions"? Yeah, it's not like they haven't repeatedly committed NCAA violations time and time again to cheat their way to the top. lol

When are the Seahawks gonna get their sanctions though?

God I hate that cheating b*****d Pete Carroll.

They let them hold all the way down the field and take Roids and Adderal. They don't get sanctions apparently. A different set of rules for the Seahawks.

Originally posted by jjfromca:
John Fox on Jack Del Rio: "I know he's focused on Dallas. He wasn't at LAX. I was with him at DelFriscos when that report happened."

lol media lol
Won't matter if Del Rio goes, its John Fox's defense.

You see the Broncos offense skip a beat after McCoy left for SD?
Originally posted by robniner:
Won't matter if Del Rio goes, its John Fox's defense.

You see the Broncos offense skip a beat after McCoy left for SD?

You could get any fool to be offensive coordinator when you have Peyton Manning, an OL that never lets him get touched, and 3 WRs like Thomas, Welker, and Decker.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by outside4949:
I don't know how that dbag ever got a job anyway. and kept getting them.

Last name: Kiffin
  • dmax
  • Veteran
we know Jack Del Rio is getting that job
Share 49ersWebzone