There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by sacniner:
I like Jalen Rose's comments about the 3 game losing streak for the Heat. It was to the Knicks, Nets and Wizards. Two losses in the city that never sleeps where you're out and about and then one in the "chocolate city" where they also had a white house trip. A lot going on for the Heat. I think they are good with settling for the two seed and coasting through the reg season. Although, I think it would be a really hard feat to beat Indiana this year. I don't see that happening. Miami has a lot of damn mileage over the last three years.

Honestly I don't think it has anything to do with the location. It's mid-season...the excitement of new season has worn off...the playoffs are still 3 months away and East is so bad that they can play .500 ball and still easily land 2nd seed. This is the annual Miami Heat mid-season "bored out of their minds" time.

2011 - 4 straight losses in early January
2012 - 4-4 in first 8 games of January
2013 - 4-6 in first 10 games of January

I'd be worried if they're playing like this after 15th March. Pacers kept them motivated through Nov. and Dec. but chasing no. 1 seed isn't the biggest priority. Spols has shown so far this season that health matters more to the Heat...and rightfully so.

As for the Pacers...they're a great defensive team so they'll be a tough out regardless of how much fatigue has set in for Miami. They were a tough out last year...and the year before.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

YES!
i see dwight is still responding the same haha
Houston scored 73 points in the 1st half, then 19 in the 2nd. Largest differential between halves in NBA history.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Houston scored 73 points in the 1st half, then 19 in the 2nd. Largest differential between halves in NBA history.

Crazy. I was just going to post this too.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

wtf?

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

wtf?

Yeah that's nuts. I love how Shaq and Barkley always rip on Dwight in the post game too.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

wtf?

Yeah that's nuts. I love how Shaq and Barkley always rip on Dwight in the post game too.

WOW. I was curious if that was the biggest disparity between halves. Turns out it was.
still one of my fav players

Originally posted by jrg:
still one of my fav players

If he was black i bet you wouldnt like him
The Rockets/Thunder game shows us that a team can't really rely on a s**tload of threes. They needed some offense in the paint. After the shooters were struggling, the so called superstar center should have demanded the ball down low and took over. This is the same guy people were fighting over during the summer? 11 and 8? Please. And I'm sure Dwight thinks the 100% of the blame is on the offensive system and his teammates because none of them are good "entry passers."
I cant watch an entire NBA game anymore. I dont know how much more time I have as an NBA fan
Originally posted by valrod33:
I cant watch an entire NBA game anymore. I dont know how much more time I have as an NBA fan

become a warrior fan. the way we play, we'll keep you on the edge of your seat all game.