2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
#1pick

helluva screen
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Adam Silver is expected to take the NBA in a more innovative direction when he takes over for David Stern as commissioner on Feb. 1.

One idea that has been floated is a elimination tournament involving the four teams with the best record at the All-Star break.

The games wouldn't count in the regular season standings, but would create an entertainment boost to begin the second half.

The tournament would presumably take on a guise similar to special cups that club soccer teams play for during the season.

then somebody goes down with an injury in the tournament and all hell breaks loose

Yeah, the risk of injury I think would prevent this. Dudes get paid too much and the tourney would be meaningless. Why would fans really care about that?

This.

Maybe the dumbest idea Ive ever heard.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Adam Silver is expected to take the NBA in a more innovative direction when he takes over for David Stern as commissioner on Feb. 1.

One idea that has been floated is a elimination tournament involving the four teams with the best record at the All-Star break.

The games wouldn't count in the regular season standings, but would create an entertainment boost to begin the second half.

The tournament would presumably take on a guise similar to special cups that club soccer teams play for during the season.

then somebody goes down with an injury in the tournament and all hell breaks loose

Yeah, the risk of injury I think would prevent this. Dudes get paid too much and the tourney would be meaningless. Why would fans really care about that?

This.

Maybe the dumbest idea Ive ever heard.

What in the flying f**k?!?!?!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
#1pick

helluva screen

I liked the roll to the basket after he set that screen.
Originally posted by 4ML:
#1pick

helluva screen

I liked the roll to the basket after he set that screen.

Any word on why he's doing so horrible this year? Lack of motivation or love for the game? I thought it was a stupid pick to begin with but I didn't expect him to be this bad.

Thank You GP "The Glove" for your perspective o how sorry today's NBA is. I loved the era he speaks of.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
#1pick

helluva screen

Wow. wtf
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Meanwhile

Originally posted by Muggins:
#1pick

helluva screen

Wow. wtf

You know he's getting paid $5 million this year? I didn't realize NBA picks got paid as much as they did...

2013 - $5.3 million
2014 - $5.5 million
2015 - $5.8 million
2016 - $7.3 million
Bennett might just be one of the the worst #1 picks ever (if not the worst)....

too fast pace for him right now.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jan 14, 2014 at 8:20 PM ]

He's already rivaling LaRue Martin for worst draft pick. Hell, even Joe Smith (another Smith Bay Area #1 draft pick) and Kwame Brown even had long careers
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Thank You GP "The Glove" for your perspective o how sorry today's NBA is. I loved the era he speaks of.

I would love to see SEATTLE Sonics legend Gary Payton rush the field as Phil Dawson kicks the game winner
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Oh damn I forgot Payton is a 49ers fan. Guess that makes up for Tim Lincecum being a Seahawks fan.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Bennett might just be one of the the worst #1 picks ever (if not the worst)....

too fast pace for him right now.

It really is and after watching that video it really looks like he's just had a lot of bad luck to start off his career. He gets a ton of good looks and he has a decent shot, they're just not falling for him. Although he looks really sluggish and out of shape when he tries to drive or jump. That missed dunk made me lol
After watching that vid you can see he has talent, but dude is just out of shape
Share 49ersWebzone