LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
To have the talent to play a major pro sport and get paid millions of dollars, is there anything better in life? I missed a Little League game over 50 years ago with a migraine and to this day I look back and ask myself why didn't I play. Here's Andrew Bynum who could probably play another five years and make tens of millions and at 26 chucks it away. I'll never understand it.

More to life than money. He wasn't happy with what he was doing.
[ Edited by jrg on Dec 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

[ Edited by jrg on Dec 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:

Being able to play the game, and love it, over rides money, to me at least. However, the opportunity to provide security for your family and yourself is incentive enough. Maybe he will serve the poor, or delve into some higher educational pursuit. Or, maybe not.
The Bynum thing's a power play on both sides. His contract becomes fully guaranteed on Jan. 7th. Both sides want to part ways. Like Simmons said, Bynum will "regain" his love of basketball when he goes to the Clippers or Heat.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by jrg:

Being able to play the game, and love it, over rides money, to me at least. However, the opportunity to provide security for your family and yourself is incentive enough. Maybe he will serve the poor, or delve into some higher educational pursuit. Or, maybe not.

I read something that he wasn't even happy playing basketball. Saying that he doesn't even like it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Lol 4ml can't even beat the kings

:( how did this happen?!?

But I'm in Vegas tonight so I don't care :)

Demarcus cousins

Lebron said he deserves to be an all star after the game. BOOM

Just looked at the stats. Yea he had a huge game. I agree...I've said it before he deserves to be an all-star. No question in my mind.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Bosh is so clutch. How many game winners does he have this season?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Well...the Heat made up for the loss at Sacramento. Such an impressive win at Portland in a back2back game without 'Bron and coming off a loss in OT.

Very nice game Mr. Flower Forward.

• jrg
  • Veteran

Victor w/ dat hustle
[ Edited by jrg on Dec 29, 2013 at 6:35 PM ]
http://nba.si.com/2013/12/30/toronto-raptors-jerseys-drake-black-gold-ovo/
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Good job Raptors. Nice win against pacers
[ Edited by 4ML on Jan 1, 2014 at 6:35 PM ]
Raps get rid of Rudy Gay and all of sudden they have wins at Dallas, at OKC, and vs. Indiana.

The tank is blown up
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Raps get rid of Rudy Gay and all of sudden they have wins at Dallas, at OKC, and vs. Indiana.

The tank is blown up

If you're tanking, you don't trade Rudy Gay.
Share 49ersWebzone