There are 202 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I haven't seen many Kings games this year, but IMO it's hard to be a consistently bad team with a really good big man. His numbers are staggering considering that he's only playing 31.5mpg, but you gotta help your team win games if you want coaches to vote you onto the AS team. It's easy to point to the numbers and say that he needs help, but often times he's a big part of the L's in other ways.

Again, I say that with only seeing a couple of Kings games this year, so I could totally be wrong. And heck, the coaches may very well vote him on anyway.

We are losing cause of our defense. It's obvious. We have no interior defense and DMC is obviously a big part of that. Also, on the perimeter guys get WIDE open 3s. Great shooters like Kyle Korver. We played the Pelicans on Monday and Tyreke Evans had a layup drill even though the entire world knows you sag off him and dare him to shoot. Newsflash, he can't shoot. It's frustrating

Our offense is not the problem. IMO, our guys are selfish and more worried about their offensive numbers and don't take any accountability on defense. They just blame each other. That includes DMC. Mike Malone has said this after almost every game
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
4ml, coaches couldn't pick their own players in the recent past when choosing reserves. Did this change?

You're right. But they influence the votes of other coaches.
We are losing cause of our defense. It's obvious. We have no interior defense and DMC is obviously a big part of that. Also, on the perimeter guys get WIDE open 3s. Great shooters like Kyle Korver. We played the Pelicans on Monday and Tyreke Evans had a layup drill even though the entire world knows you sag off him and dare him to shoot. Newsflash, he can't shoot. It's frustrating

Our offense is not the problem. IMO, our guys are selfish and more worried about their offensive numbers and don't take any accountability on defense. They just blame each other. That includes DMC. Mike Malone has said this after almost every game

It seems to me like Kings fans have been saying the same thing about the teams biggest issues for years now. They've had like 3 different coaches during that time. At some point you gotta completely rehaul the roster. Mike Malone knows what he's doing. Can't blame it on someone like Keith Smart anymore.
It seems to me like Kings fans have been saying the same thing about the teams biggest issues for years now. They've had like 3 different coaches during that time. At some point you gotta completely rehaul the roster. Mike Malone knows what he's doing. Can't blame it on someone like Keith Smart anymore.

Yup. And we finally have a front office who will do this. Guys like Jason Thompson, Jimmer, Thornton will be gone if they get a chance. We need a defensive minded PF like Larry Sanders to pair up with DMC. We have no one to protect the rim currently.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I had a dream last night that we traded DWill and someone else for someone lol can't remember but I was kinda pissed about it.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Muggins:
I had a dream last night that we traded DWill and someone else for someone lol can't remember but I was kinda pissed about it.

Dwill for Gasol
James Harden scored 27 points while making only two shots tonight. lol

@ESPNStatsInfo: James Harden: 1st player to have 25+ points in game in which he made 2 or fewer baskets since Charles Barkley, 1995

They have a bunch of guys with low b-ball iq's, who don't listen to what Malone is preaching and refuse to give 150% everÿ night, which is essential for a bad team to do in order to be competitive. Their D is just a perfect storm of sh*t. Guys who are sieves on the perimeter and no one behind them who can protect the rim and compensate. It's god damn ridiculous and getting old.
Fun game in Portland. CP3 had a great look for the win but bricked.... Btw, any Portland fans here? Really surprised if there aren't any...

Fun game in Portland. CP3 had a great look for the win but bricked.... Btw, any Portland fans here? Really surprised if there aren't any...

Great game
Wow, Blake and CP3 both had huge games tonight...but those Blazers are just too damn good.

Great game tho!
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Dec 26, 2013 at 11:02 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Wow, Blake and CP3 both had huge games tonight...but those Blazers are just too damn good.

Great game tho!

...and that wasn't the best game of the day. Cavs vs Hawks was insane!

Portland is fun to watch and they're hitting everything in clutch.

lol not a foul..
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

lol not a foul..

I was watching the game. He was getting fouls called when people touched his beard, lol.
Share 49ersWebzone