There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Well we know who the better Indiana boy is now.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If I had the first pick in this year's draft, I'd seriously consider taking Joel Embiid.

Dude will be drafted higher than Wiggins.

BOOK IT
The Raptors blew up the tank and inexplicably became the first team to win in OKC.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Well we know who the better Indiana boy is now.

White on White crime, there
The NBA is considering a proposal to eliminate the draft lottery as we currently know it in favor of a draft wheel.

The draft wheel would allow team to cycle through every draft slot and be guaranteed one top-six pick every five seasons and at least one top-12 pick in every four-year span.

The system is designed to protect against teams attempting to be bad or letting themselves be bad for a high draft pick.

The concept has gained traction in the higher levels of the NBA's league office and could be proposed to owners sometime in 2014, according to sources.

Others have expressed early opposition to the proposal.
Thats f**kin stupid.
Wow....when the nba was getting better, they find ways to f**k it up......
Regarding fixing the NBA Draft, I found this in the comments section of Grantland and I'm on board with it 100%:

"Here's how it works: The top draft positions will be awarded based on points earned after playoff elimination. Once a team is officially out of the playoff race, it starts the clock on amassing points toward its draft position. Bad teams still get an advantage (because they're eliminated earlier), but now the emphasis is on winning, not just on riding out the string. It's relatively simple, and it's brilliant.

You're telling me you wouldn't be excited the day the "no. 1 overall pick points" column appeared in the standings? If we were lucky, we could even have late-season showdowns for the top picks. And fans watching those games would actually be cheering for their own teams to win. Imagine that."
  • IT21
lol at all the teams that wanted to take the season (celtics, suns, etc) but are around .500
bucks and sixers know how to tank doe
What about an NIT style tourney in which the non-playoff teams have to battle each other to actually WIN the #1 pick
  • IT21
Originally posted by valrod33:
Thats f**kin stupid.

seriously, wtf
Just fix it and let the worst teams get the highest pick like it is in every sport or leave it how it is
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
The NBA is considering a proposal to eliminate the draft lottery as we currently know it in favor of a draft wheel.

The draft wheel would allow team to cycle through every draft slot and be guaranteed one top-six pick every five seasons and at least one top-12 pick in every four-year span.

The system is designed to protect against teams attempting to be bad or letting themselves be bad for a high draft pick.

The concept has gained traction in the higher levels of the NBA's league office and could be proposed to owners sometime in 2014, according to sources.

Others have expressed early opposition to the proposal.

Good. Ppl b***h about flopping...tanking is so much worse. It's time to fix this bs.
I like it!!
Is Andrew Bynum still alive?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Is Andrew Bynum still alive?

He died in 1895