There are 167 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Missed the game tonight, but I can't wait for the ECFs.

Yea...that's the only thing worth watching in East.

I can't wait for Celtics/Bobcats in the East personally

Now that's a brewing rivalry everyone is overlooking.

Btw...what a huge disappointment MKG has been so far? I thought he'd be a great defender in the league at the very least.

wtf happened here I stopped watching
Originally posted by marshniners24:

lol at chalmers irritating the best player in the NBA
They treat my boy Chalmers like s**t, they are always yelling at that dude

I just noticed Chris Boshs face

Haha, that GIF is awesome. I don't think it' s a coincidence that LeBron started winning titles right around the same time he started being an a*****e. That's f**kin' great. That's exactly what you want out of your leader/best player.
Is Omar Asik seriously worth two solid players like Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass AND a 1st round pick? The dude was basically an unknown in Chicago and had one solid year last year with Houston. I know he's great defensively but still that offer seems absurd to me.
Originally posted by valrod33:

I just noticed Chris Boshs face

Steph Curry now #6 in jersey sales.

I know.. no one cares and STFU.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Haha, that GIF is awesome. I don't think it' s a coincidence that LeBron started winning titles right around the same time he started being an a*****e. That's f**kin' great. That's exactly what you want out of your leader/best player.

From reading hoopshype and articles on ESPN...it seems like they're a very close group. Lebron apologized to Chalmers few minutes later during a timeout, then publicly in the post game interview...and then on Twitter. But yes, what has changed from Cleveland is - that attitude off the court didn't make him hesitant to call out his team-mates on the court. And I completely agree that you need your best player to do just that. We saw him yelling at Wade and Bosh in last year's playoffs.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Is Omar Asik seriously worth two solid players like Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass AND a 1st round pick? The dude was basically an unknown in Chicago and had one solid year last year with Houston. I know he's great defensively but still that offer seems absurd to me.

I personally feel Asik is worth that much. I read somewhere that Celtics have 9 1st round picks over the next 5 years and they're only offering Clippers 2015 pick. Lee and Bass are okay players and you don't need them if you're going to rebuild the whole team over the next 3-4 years.
pistons starting to play good ball right now. 13-14, wish we woulda had that game vs portland a few days back.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
pistons starting to play good ball right now. 13-14, wish we woulda had that game vs portland a few days back.

I'm a fan of Drummond. That guy is gonna be a superstar if he stays focused.

From reading hoopshype and articles on ESPN...it seems like they're a very close group. Lebron apologized to Chalmers few minutes later during a timeout, then publicly in the post game interview...and then on Twitter. But yes, what has changed from Cleveland is - that attitude off the court didn't make him hesitant to call out his team-mates on the court. And I completely agree that you need your best player to do just that. We saw him yelling at Wade and Bosh in last year's playoffs.

The biggest lesson that I've learned in the past couple of years while coaching is how vital attitude and mentality is. For example, the other day we played a team that used to be in our league back in the day and would whoop us every single time. About 3 minutes into the game, one of their players jumped a passing lane and dunked. On our level, an in game dunk is pretty rare, and even though it was in our home gym, the crowd was buzzing. I turned to my assistant coach and said, "Byron's going to hit a 3 here". Byron is my captain...all 5'7", 130lbs of him...and is a hardass through and through. The team could have gone one of two ways at that point. They could have either been rattled by a guy throwing one down, been overwhelmed by the other team's size & athleticism, etc...or they could gotten indignant and stood up to the "bully". Byron hit the 3 (I didn't call a play for him or anything), and we ended up winning by 13. First time I think we've ever beaten that school.

Being able to get in each others faces is part of being close ON the court. It's part of that mentality. Basketball...and defense especially...is SOOOOOOO much about accountability. So much of team defense involves covering for someone else, with the trust that someone's going to cover for you. When that's not happening, that HAS to be addressed in the moment. Now, there's a right way to do it so it doesn't just deteriorate into finger pointing, but when your best player is demanding that kind of accountability, everyone has to fall in line. The culture of your team is such an underrated quality, and stuff like what LeBron did last night reinforces it. I think it's incredibly lame that he has to publicly apologize to Chalmers to pacify the general public. If there's any beef because of something like that that happens in the heat of the moment, it's no one else's business.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Dec 19, 2013 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

I'm a fan of Drummond. That guy is gonna be a superstar if he stays focused.

Yep. I was happy when the Warriors took Barnes over him. Now, I wish they had taken Drummond.
Share 49ersWebzone