There are 157 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

He's averaging 22 points 11 rebounds 3 assists 2 steals and 1 block per game with a per of 27...which is 7th...IN THE ENTIRE NBA
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Slurp slurp

4ml makes me hate Lebron the way he's always sucking him off

this.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Dirk is a superstar, averaging 21 per game for a playoff contender. I dont see how he is a LOL. No way I leave him off the team.

with 6 rebounds a game lol
He's averaging 22 points 11 rebounds 3 assists 2 steals and 1 block per game with a per of 27...which is 7th...IN THE ENTIRE NBA

He plays on a s**t team and the others are all on playoff contenders. That does factor in. I am not saying he isnt having an excellent year but I just cannot leave Dirk or Duncan off the team.
No Demarcus cousins

I dont know who you would leave off to put Cousins on the roster.

Well outside of Klove hes having a better year than any other big on there.

Dirk? really? lol

Dirk is a superstar, averaging 21 per game for a playoff contender. I dont see how he is a LOL. No way I leave him off the team.

How about Duncan this year? He is a HOFer and a legend whose team is good again, but DMC is having a much better indiviual season. And that is what the all-star team is based off of.

He plays on a s**t team and the others are all on playoff contenders. That does factor in. I am not saying he isnt having an excellent year but I just cannot leave Dirk or Duncan off the team.

The all star team shoulnt be based off how the rest of someones team is playing its about individual success.. And Demarcus is statistically the best center in the NBA and it isnt even close.
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Dec 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM ]

The playoff contender arguement applies to the Spurs but not Mavs. Half of the league makes the playoffs, not that big of a deal. If your team is actually good and is a contender to do damage in the playoffs, that's one thing. Just look at the East. Eight teams have to make the playoffs and only three or four deserve to.
Originally posted by sacniner:
No Demarcus cousins

I dont know who you would leave off to put Cousins on the roster.

Well outside of Klove hes having a better year than any other big on there.

Dirk? really? lol

How about Duncan this year? He is a HOFer and a legend whose team is good again, but DMC is having a much better indiviual season. And that is what the all-star team is based off of.

Not in the NBA. Team success is always a huge factor when the NBA teams are selelcted. Cellar dwellers dont get All Stars very often.
Not in the NBA. Team success is always a huge factor when the NBA teams are selelcted. Cellar dwellers dont get All Stars very often.

In this case its warranted. Especially versus Duncan who is not having an all star year by any stretch of the imagination. Him and Pop don't really care about his regular season production. That well oiled machine will get a high seed and then Duncan will unleash his fury for 80% of the playoffs.
Originally posted by sacniner:

In this case its warranted. Especially versus Duncan who is not having an all star year by any stretch of the imagination. Him and Pop don't really care about his regular season production. That well oiled machine will get a high seed and then Duncan will unleash his fury for 80% of the playoffs.

Again, not saying Cousins isnt deserving. I just dont think he will make it unless someone like Dirk or Duncan pulls out. I could see that happening.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
My All-Star game rosters:

West:

G Chris Paul
G Kobe
F Durant
F Griffin
F Dwight Howard

Bench:
Kevin Love
Steph Curry
LaMarcus Aldridge
James Harden
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Russell Westbrook

East:

G Kyrie Irving
G Dwyane Wade
F Paul George
F Carmelo Anthony
F LeBron James

Bench: (this was not easy)
John Wall
Roy Hibbert
Deron Williams
Chris Bosh
Joakim Noah
Brook Lopez
Luol Deng

Nice to meet you
Again, not saying Cousins isnt deserving. I just dont think he will make it unless someone like Dirk or Duncan pulls out. I could see that happening.

Oh, so you think he should make it. Got you... The voting is suspect so I don't think he'll make the roster. I don't think coaches around the league like Cousins either... actually, no one outside of Sac likes him lol
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by 4ML:
My All-Star game rosters:

West:

G Chris Paul
G Kobe
F Durant
F Griffin
F Dwight Howard

Bench:
Kevin Love
Steph Curry
LaMarcus Aldridge
James Harden
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Russell Westbrook

East:

G Kyrie Irving
G Dwyane Wade
F Paul George
F Carmelo Anthony
F LeBron James

Bench: (this was not easy)
John Wall
Roy Hibbert
Deron Williams
Chris Bosh
Joakim Noah
Brook Lopez
Luol Deng

Nice to meet you

Beat you to it.

The all star team shoulnt be based off how the rest of someones team is playing its about individual success.. And Demarcus is statistically the best center in the NBA and it isnt even close.

if that was the case, my boy Monta Ellis woulda made it a couple times.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
if that was the case, my boy Monta Ellis woulda made it a couple times.

But he was never far and away the best SG in the league. No center comes close to what Demarcus is doing
Share 49ersWebzone