There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Looking for an outside perspective on Oladipo...how do you guys think he'll do this year? Obviously I'm excited..but what do you guys think? 10-15PPG?
Originally posted by jrg:
Looking for an outside perspective on Oladipo...how do you guys think he'll do this year? Obviously I'm excited..but what do you guys think? 10-15PPG?

Depends on playing time. I think he'll be one of those guys that emerge in year 2 or 3 more than his rookie season. Also depends on how much he's improved his ability to shoot from distance. I'd guess he's a 9-10ppg guy his rookie year.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I have the most amazing story that I will tell you guys in full later, but the long and short of it is that my is now hooked up to the NBA Cares program.

your team im guessing?

whoops, yes

What!? Do tell...

It's a long story and I'm crazy busy until Friday. I'll tell you the full version of the story then.

On top of the NBA Cares thing, the Lakers sent us an assistant coach (permanently, or as "permanent" as you can be as a coach) to help out and help me to grow the program both on the court and financially. There's a potential Nike deal in the works too. It's been nuts, man.

Dude, that's amazing! I wish we could have started filming a documentary when this journey started for you and this program.

Depends on playing time. I think he'll be one of those guys that emerge in year 2 or 3 more than his rookie season. Also depends on how much he's improved his ability to shoot from distance. I'd guess he's a 9-10ppg guy his rookie year.

I'm interested to see what they do with him. You'd assume he'd start at SG, but I don't know. Some want him at PG. I think it'll be a starting lineup of

Nelson
Oladipo
Harkless
Harris
Vucevic

But thing is that Andrew Nicholson apparently bulked up a bunch and has performed well in camp. But we can't just take Harris out of the starting lineup..was the best player on the team (him or Vucevic) down the stretch last year. Harkless has been dominating in camp as well (great read on him)...gonna be interesting.

Regardless, I think Orlando COULD sneak into the 8th seed if everybody plays to their potential.
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM ]
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:

Hall of Famer Chris Mullin goes 14 for 15 from deep, outshoots Kings players during 3-point contest

pfftt not impressed.

he was 12-13. ive seen better.
I have the most amazing story that I will tell you guys in full later, but the long and short of it is that my is now hooked up to the NBA Cares program.

your team im guessing?

whoops, yes

What!? Do tell...

It's a long story and I'm crazy busy until Friday. I'll tell you the full version of the story then.

On top of the NBA Cares thing, the Lakers sent us an assistant coach (permanently, or as "permanent" as you can be as a coach) to help out and help me to grow the program both on the court and financially. There's a potential Nike deal in the works too. It's been nuts, man.

Dude, that's amazing! I wish we could have started filming a documentary when this journey started for you and this program.

Ya, man. There have been several people that have known me since my insurance days that have said, "this is straight out of the movies". I'm going to be journaling the experience for a book though. I wish I had been all along, but better late than never.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by 4ML:

Hall of Famer Chris Mullin goes 14 for 15 from deep, outshoots Kings players during 3-point contest

pfftt not impressed.

he was 12-13. ive seen better.

Curse of backontop/rserda missing his 13th. 13/13, never forget.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Ya, man. There have been several people that have known me since my insurance days that have said, "this is straight out of the movies". I'm going to be journaling the experience for a book though. I wish I had been all along, but better late than never.

my ex works for a big publishing company. i call dibs on your book.

I get fiddy percent
she gets 40 percent
you gt 10 percent

Thats the standard for a novice book writer.
Gonna need to see pics of pete licking Kobes achilles(SP?)
I'm interested to see what they do with him. You'd assume he'd start at SG, but I don't know. Some want him at PG. I think it'll be a starting lineup of

Nelson
Oladipo
Harkless
Harris
Vucevic

But thing is that Andrew Nicholson apparently bulked up a bunch and has performed well in camp. But we can't just take Harris out of the starting lineup..was the best player on the team (him or Vucevic) down the stretch last year. Harkless has been dominating in camp as well (great read on him)...gonna be interesting.

Regardless, I think Orlando COULD sneak into the 8th seed if everybody plays to their potential.

It will be interesting to see if he beats out Afflalo. Just going by the eye test, the lineup that you posted would be a good transition team and a poor half court one, due to a lack of outside shooting. I think your GM is still in "asset acquisition" mode, and acquiring BPA rather than worrying about positions. Between Harris, Harkless, & Oladipo, I think one guy ends up getting moved in the next 18 months as a piece that acquires a star. But I've loved what they're doing down there since the Dwight trade. Excellent job of rebuilding so far.

I get fiddy percent
she gets 40 percent
you gt 10 percent

Let's do it.
  • Amir
  • Veteran

I get fiddy percent
she gets 40 percent
you gt 10 percent

Let's do it.

lol she's actually a lakers fan. tell kobe to impregnate her. cha ching.

Nelson
Oladipo
Harkless
Harris
Vucevic

It will be interesting to see if he beats out Afflalo. Just going by the eye test, the lineup that you posted would be a good transition team and a poor half court one, due to a lack of outside shooting. I think your GM is still in "asset acquisition" mode, and acquiring BPA rather than worrying about positions. Between Harris, Harkless, & Oladipo, I think one guy ends up getting moved in the next 18 months as a piece that acquires a star. But I've loved what they're doing down there since the Dwight trade. Excellent job of rebuilding so far.

Half the time I forget Afflalo is even on the roster anymore. I doubt he will be much longer with the current youth on the team..plus I'm sure he'll want to be traded to a contender. Hennigan has been in that mode for a while now..fortunately it looks like most of his moves have paid off. I wonder what kind of pick he could get for Afflalo.
Chad Ford's 1st 2014 Mock Draft:

1- Phladelphia 76ers - SG Andrew Wiggins, Kansas
2- Phoenix Suns - PF Julius Randle, Kentucy
3- Orlando Magic - PG Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State
4- Charlotte Bobcats - PG Dante Exum, Australia
5- Boston Celtics - SF Jabari Parker, Duke
6- Sacarmento Kings - F Aaron Gibson, Arizona
7- Milwauke Bucks - PG Andrew Harrison, Kentucky
8- Utah Jazz - SF Chris Walker, Florida
9- Toronto Raptors - SF Dario Saric, Croatia
10- Los Angeles Lakers - C Joel Embild, Kansas
11- Philadelphia 76ers - PF Montrezl Harrell, Louisville
12- Portland Trail Blazers - PF Willie Cauley-Stein, Kentucky
13- Charlotte Bobcats - SG Gary Harris, Michigan State
14- Dallas Mavericks - SF Mario Hezonja, Croatia
15- Cleveland Cavs- SF Glenn Robinson III, Michigan
16- Washington Wizards - C Mitch McGary, Michigan
17- Atlanta Hawks - SF Sam Decker, Wisconsin
18- Phoenix Suns - SF Jerami Grant, Syracuse
19 -Denver Nuggets - SF Wayne Selden, Kansas
20- Orlando Magic - PF Isiah Austin, Baylor
21- Utah Jazz - SF Doug McDermott, Creighton
22- Memphis Grizzlies - SF Alex Poythress, Kentucky
23- Houston Rokckets - PF Jarenll Stokes, Tennessee
24- Boston Celtics - SF James Young, Kentucky
25- Phoenix Suns - SG Aaron Harrison, Kentucky
26- San Antonio Spurs - PF James McAdoo, North Carolina
27- Chicago Bulls - C Dakari Johnson, Kentucky
28- Los Angeles Clippers - PG Jahil Carson, Arizona State
29- Oklahoma City Thunder - PG Vasillje Micic, Serbia
30- Miami Heat - SF LaQuinton Ross, Ohio State

* The Pelicans will send their first-round pick to the Sixers if it falls somewhere from 6-30.

** The Blazers will send their pick to the Bobcats if it falls somewhere from 13-30.

# The Pistons will send their first-round pick to Charlotte if it falls somewhere from 9-30.

*** The Timberwolves will send their first-round pick to Phoenix if it falls somewhere from 14-30.

## The Nuggets own the Knicks' first-round pick. They have agreed to send the lesser of their own pick or the Knicks' pick to the Magic.

++ The Golden State Warriors will send their pick to the Utah Jazz.

^ The Nets owe Boston a first-round pick. However, this could be either the Nets' or the Hawks' pick. The Hawks have the right to swap picks. Given our forecast, it's unlikely the Hawks will swap picks with the Nets.

+ The Pacers will send their first-round pick to Phoenix if it falls somewhere from 15-30.
Lulz, Suns aren't getting a top 3 pick. We have incurred the wrath of draft luck ever since we lost the coin flip to the Bucks for the rights to Lew Alcindor, and will continue to do so until the end of time.