There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I think Indiana has a legit shot at 70 wins. The East is historically bad thus far, with only 4 teams over .500. They're young/hungry enough to do it.

Sucks about D-Rose.

1) Wiggins
2) Embiid
3) Randle
4) Parker
5) Smart
6) Gordon
7) Exum

You really think Embid will be drafted before Randle and Parker. That seems hard to believe at this point even with his upside.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Just put Indiana vs Miami in eastern CONF finals already

Pretty much.

I agree. The East is set for sure. I think there are 8 and maybe 9 teams in the West that are better than the 3rd best team in the East.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Just put Indiana vs Miami in eastern CONF finals already

Pretty much.

I agree. The East is set for sure. I think there are 8 and maybe 9 teams in the West that are better than the 3rd best team in the East.

That's how it's been for years now. Although I think the Pistons could surprise some people down the line
Originally posted by Jcool:
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter

THIS JUST IN: Memphis C Marc Gasol has a grade 2 MCL sprain and will not require surgery. He is out indefinitely. (via media reports)

Way to put the curse on him, Pete.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Jcool:
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter

THIS JUST IN: Memphis C Marc Gasol has a grade 2 MCL sprain and will not require surgery. He is out indefinitely. (via media reports)

Way to put the curse on him, Pete.

I thought the same thing haha
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by jrg:
At least this guy is a stud

After watchin' him play against the Heat for a game and a half...I really like his game. Plays solid defense for a rookie and gives his all on every play. He's gonna be a really good 2-way player in the league.

Oh hai

So the shot creator Rudy Gay passes up a game tying shot to kick out to Amir Johnson (a 27% 3-point shooter) who predictably misses the game winning shot as Steve Novak crashes the boards. Yikes
http://instagram.com/p/hOf8GlM9-z/#

Nets are just laughably bad. I wonder if Kidd will still be there by Christmas. At least demote him to assistant coach and bring in an experienced head coach. Dude looks clueless on the sidelines.

And Pierce and Garnett need to retire and soon. Hate to see great players obviously at the end of their careers out there struggling like this and looking like shells of their former selves.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
So the shot creator Rudy Gay passes up a game tying shot to kick out to Amir Johnson (a 27% 3-point shooter) who predictably misses the game winning shot as Steve Novak crashes the boards. Yikes

Lol
The Nets f**king suck
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
The Nets f**king suck

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think Indiana has a legit shot at 70 wins. The East is historically bad thus far, with only 4 teams over .500. They're young/hungry enough to do it.

Sucks about D-Rose.

1) Wiggins
2) Embiid
3) Randle
4) Parker
5) Smart
6) Gordon
7) Exum

You really think Embid will be drafted before Randle and Parker. That seems hard to believe at this point even with his upside.

Those are my personal rankings as of right now.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Pete

Tell me your thoughts on this man so far...

Originally posted by 4ML:
If you look at their schedule...they have had only two tough games (both against Chicago). They won 1 and lost the other. They also played Memphis at home...but Memphis has been wildly inconsistent.

I've only seen them play 5 times...but don't think their offense can consistently score against good defensive teams. They got a road-trip coming up soon where they face the top teams from West. That should give us a good indicator.

...btw, this is great for the Heat. Keeps them motivated during the early part of the season to not fall too far behind the Pacers - since the Pacers are already talking about nabbing the no.1 seed so they can have home court in game 7

There are exactly two teams in the East that have a winning record...and Indiana is one of them. Their schedule doesn't get harder. It's difficult to picture Miami going for 70 considering the games played over the last 3 years. The East is historically bad. I can definitely see them going 56-11 over the rest of the year.