LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
that is so f**king cool pete.

sorry if i missed it...but how did this happen?
Originally posted by jrg:

It's a long story, but it's partially due to my recent Laker connection, and partially due to the kindness of a stranger. I've been working this angle (current NBA players) for a couple of years now, and caught a bit of a break. Working on some other guys like Nick Young & Jordan Farmar.

And I've been told that Kobe's a possibility, but we'll see.
If Kobe goes Give me a jersey and I'm gonna pretend to be one of your players lol
damn pete, you look hella small compared to those doots.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

It's a long story, but it's partially due to my recent Laker connection, and partially due to the kindness of a stranger. I've been working this angle (current NBA players) for a couple of years now, and caught a bit of a break. Working on some other guys like Nick Young & Jordan Farmar.

And I've been told that Kobe's a possibility, but we'll see.

That is insane. I'm happy for you dude...just because I know YOU KNOW how much it means to those kids.

Keep it up bro
That's cuz I'm hella small and they're 7 feet tall lol. I wanted that pic in between the two of them because I think it's funny.

Pau called me "coach" tonight btw.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Nov 15, 2013 at 12:35 AM ]
That is insane. I'm happy for you dude...just because I know YOU KNOW how much it means to those kids.

Keep it up bro

Ya man. I can use this as motivation in a lot of ways.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Keep it up bro

Ya man. I can use this as motivation in a lot of ways.

Exactly. See that dude Pau Gasol? See where hard work gets you?

*edit*

Not "that dude" Pau Gasol..."THAT NBA CHAMPION" Pau Gasol
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
damn pete, you look hella small compared to those doots.

Lmfao

*edit*

I have this one kid who has talent, but it's impossible to get him to play hard on a consistent basis. Tonight, he was amped for obvious reasons, and made a really nice bounce pass on a 2-on-1, and Pau yelled, "Nice pass!!!" and Pau went up to him on the baseline to give him a high five. (sidenote: Pau would stick his hand in the air and make the kids jump as high as they possibly could just to give him a high 5 lol)

Anyway...I can tell that kid that Pau Gasol thought he was pretty damn good, and that's cuz he IS pretty damn good when he plays hard.

• jrg
  • Veteran

*edit*

I have this one kid who has talent, but it's impossible to get him to play hard on a consistent basis. Tonight, he was amped for obvious reasons, and made a really nice bounce pass on a 2-on-1, and Pau yelled, "Nice pass!!!" and Pau went up to him on the baseline to give him a high five. (sidenote: Pau would stick his hand in the air and make the kids jump as high as they possibly could just to give him a high 5 lol)

Anyway...I can tell that kid that Pau Gasol thought he was pretty damn good, and that's cuz he IS pretty damn good when he plays hard.

That is awesome. That kinda stuff (ONE PLAY) can completely change a kids life knowing he is getting praise from Pau Gasol. Has to give that kid crazy motivation.

Im so jealous of you man...I never did something as large as you're doing, but did some small coaching/mentoring w/ a local baseball team and it is an awesome feeling. Played baseball all my life and was helping out a friends team...gave a kid some advice at the plate (minor adjustments) and he hit a home run the next pitch. Hugged me when he came back to the dugout. That feeling is amazing.

Sorry..rambled on there...I'm rooting for ya man...love seeing what you're doing w/ that team.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I like how this guy:

is giving Howard the business

Another fail for the whites.
That is awesome. That kinda stuff (ONE PLAY) can completely change a kids life knowing he is getting praise from Pau Gasol. Has to give that kid crazy motivation.

Im so jealous of you man...I never did something as large as you're doing, but did some small coaching/mentoring w/ a local baseball team and it is an awesome feeling. Played baseball all my life and was helping out a friends team...gave a kid some advice at the plate (minor adjustments) and he hit a home run the next pitch. Hugged me when he came back to the dugout. That feeling is amazing.

Sorry..rambled on there...I'm rooting for ya man...love seeing what you're doing w/ that team.

That's f**kin awesome, and ya...nothing beats that.

I'd really encourage any of you dudes who have an inkling to do this stuff to go to your local High School and ask a coach if you can help out. From the coaches POV, it's great to have that extra set of eyes/experience/knowledge, even if it's only 1 or 2 days a week. And you'll never find a better way to volunteer, make the world a better place, AND have s**tload of fun than that.

I know that most people can't commit to it on a 5 nights a week basis, but I'd bet you that more often than not, your local HS coach would be happy to take whatever help he can get.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Did you then go old school coach and yell at the kid for doing a bounce pass on a break?

LOL, no but I did give Marc some s**t during a defensive drill when he was being shy. "Uhh...we could use your help on this one, DPOY."
Pau's agent, a couple of other people, and I were hanging out in the parking lot, waiting to greet them. They both got out of their cars at the same time, and it was awesome to see their dynamic. They both said hi to us, and then Pau turned to Marc and gave him what could best be described as a Spanish Noogie. I realized that that moment was probably the first time they'd seen each other in months. It was really cool to see the brotherly dynamic of two 7 footers.
Share 49ersWebzone