There are 180 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by 4ML:

Love to Lebron

Those outlet passes are a thing of beauty. Lebron is going to get tons of easy dunks on leak outs.

Definitely. Offensively - Cavs should be really good once they figure out how to play with each other - but that will be there from day 1.

Miami was really good defensively but was poor on the boards. That won't be the case with Cavs. They may be average at best on defense - but should be one of the best team on boards. Varejao, Love (and back-up Thompson) are all strong on the board. No rim protection whatsoever...but they won't be allowing many offensive boards.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^That highlight should be for Brewer leaking on outlet passes.
@ESPNSteinLine: Hearing Kevin Durant is poised to announce his withdrawal from Team USA's World Cup trip to Spain. NOT Paul George related, I'm told

@ESPNSteinLine: Durant, I'm told, will cite mental and physical exhaustion when the decision to leave Team USA for this summer is made official

[ Edited by NeonNiner on Aug 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I do think Minnesota got the best that they possibly could have received for Love. Wiggins, Bennett, a 1st rounder.....you'll never get equal value when trading a franchise guy but they got a pretty good deal, especially if Wiggins does play up to his potential. If nothing else he looks to be a top notch defender early on in his career. If Bennett develops into a solid rotation guy, if Rubio forgets about his absurd demands for max money and LaVine comes along, they have a pretty decent nucleus of players. They're going to be pretty lousy this season but potential to be a pretty good team a couple years from now.......then again...it is Minnesota after all.

Yea...I think Wiggins is gonna be special - that's why I was against this trade. Cavs got raped in this trade. But oh well...if they win a chip - it was worth it. '

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I dunno.....Wiggins along with MCW, Noel and Embiid, that could have been a pretty sick lineup for the future.

But I would love to see Wiggins become a legit star player in Minnesota, bring some success to that organization.

I'm against Sixers because of their bs last year when FO traded players so they can be turrible and land no. 1 pick to get Wiggins. That was a scam. Though they still got rewarded for it...but at least they didn't get Wiggins.

Cavs acquired a player that averaged 26 and 12.5 last year but got raped!?!? lol
[ Edited by Knowledge on Aug 7, 2014 at 4:05 PM ]
Originally posted by titan:
^That highlight should be for Brewer leaking on outlet passes.

Seriously, Brewer was cherry picking every time. lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Ric Bucher just posted a video - he said he spoke to several GMs and they said that Cavs are not favorites in their eyes to win the NBA Title if Kevin Love trade goes through as rumored. They considered Bulls to come out of East if Rose is healthy and still feel multiple teams are better in the West.

I rest my case.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
@ESPNSteinLine: Hearing Kevin Durant is poised to announce his withdrawal from Team USA's World Cup trip to Spain. NOT Paul George related, I'm told

@ESPNSteinLine: Durant, I'm told, will cite mental and physical exhaustion when the decision to leave Team USA for this summer is made official

In before LeBron James steps in for Kevin Durant to save America
Ric Bucher just posted a video - he said he spoke to several GMs and they said that Cavs are not favorites in their eyes to win the NBA Title if Kevin Love trade goes through as rumored. They considered Bulls to come out of East if Rose is healthy and still feel multiple teams are better in the West.

I rest my case.

If theyre not the favorites with Love then they had no shot with Wiggins. Cavs got remarkably better bottom line
Boogie gonna lead the team to gold

I rest my case.

Bulls don't have enough offense even with Rose.

Originally posted by SFrush:
Bulls don't have enough offense even with Rose.

They might. Gasol is still a fantastic offensive player. McDermott and Mirotic bring more shooting and floor spacing. It depends how well these guys fit in.
They could have had Love for free in less than a year while developing Bennett and Wiggins.

Bench is very suspect
Championship odds

Cavs 3.2/1
Spurs 4/1
Thunder 6/1
Bulls 10/1
Clippers 12/1
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Aug 8, 2014 at 2:49 AM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
They could have had Love for free in less than a year while developing Bennett and Wiggins.

Bench is very suspect

this. don't forget to count the usual 20+ games Love will miss due to injury
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Dwight Howard and James Harden "Eat Separately" from Houston Rockets Teammates

link
Share 49ersWebzone