LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

I could have sworn the Cavs were gonna sign Kevin Love next year without gutting the team
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Horrible trade for Cleveland.
Originally posted by Antix:
Yeah, I like this trade for Minny much better. Wiggins is a great piece and the pick will come in handy. They have a nice bright future if they hustle properly.

The Cavs, well they had LBJ already and therefore are expected to compete for championships NOW, no matter what. Love AND Kyrie have to step up defensively big time and stay healthy. Looking at their roster, their depth doesn't seem to be great AND they got a new coach.

Basically, it's the Cavs and I never trust a thing they do.

Terrible move by CLE. They would have probably made it to the Finals without Love. They should have learned from MIA that a championship in the first year is highly unlikely.

They should have built chemistry and properly developed Wiggins this year. Then, after the season, if they feel like Love needs to be added, sign him. Otherwise, if they would have made the Finals without Love, then they have the option to go for good depth.
I dont think the Cavs would be able to sign love if they dont get him now, wont have the cap room, not sure exactly how that works but thats what Woj from yahoo said

Part of the Cavaliers' motivation in making the deal for Love was a belief Love would have ended up with the rival Chicago Bulls in a trade and created a significant obstacle in the Eastern Conference, sources said. Cleveland wouldn't have had the salary-cap space to sign Love next summer and could have only obtained him through the trade with Minnesota in a deal now.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cavaliers-have-agreement-to-acquire-kevin-love--who-commits-to-staying-in-cleveland-054657392.html
[ Edited by valrod33 on Aug 7, 2014 at 12:39 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont think the Cavs would be able to sign love if they dont get him now, wont have the cap room, not sure exactly how that works but thats what Woj from yahoo said

Part of the Cavaliers' motivation in making the deal for Love was a belief Love would have ended up with the rival Chicago Bulls in a trade and created a significant obstacle in the Eastern Conference, sources said. Cleveland wouldn't have had the salary-cap space to sign Love next summer and could have only obtained him through the trade with Minnesota in a deal now.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cavaliers-have-agreement-to-acquire-kevin-love--who-commits-to-staying-in-cleveland-054657392.html

What about when his contract ends next year?
I said it before and I'll say it again. If Flip gets Wiggins, god bless 'em.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Wiggins should be excited. Going to a team that can help improve his shooting. It's no easy task to get Ricky Rubio to shoot 38%...and he's gettin' more lethal errrryear.
I'm happy for Wiggins. Lot of people saying they feel bad for the kid and it's an unfortunate situation with the trade rumors running rampant in the media, being unsure where you'll end up at the end of the month. But I think it's going to work out just fine for young Wiggs. He has his own team now where he can shine and develop into his own. Was gonna be in Bron, Kyrie and/or Love's (had he signed there next year in FA) shadow staying in Cleveland.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Aug 7, 2014 at 1:34 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Love to Lebron

SOON

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
I'm happy for Wiggins. Lot of people saying they feel bad for the kid and it's an unfortunate situation with the trade rumors running rampant in the media, being unsure where you'll end up at the end of the month. But I think it's going to work out just fine for young Wiggs. He has his own team now where he can shine and develop into his own. Was gonna be in Bron, Kyrie and/or Love's (had he signed there next year in FA) shadow staying in Cleveland.

It really depends. The one knock against him is - he seems to not always care. I think in Cleveland - he would have been held accountable and asked to give his all from day 1. I'm not sure if that'll be asked of him in Minnesota.

Regardless, I think he's gonna be a really good 2 way player. Question is - can be become a star?
Originally posted by 4ML:

It really depends. The one knock against him is - he seems to not always care. I think in Cleveland - he would have been held accountable and asked to give his all from day 1. I'm not sure if that'll be asked of him in Minnesota.

Regardless, I think he's gonna be a really good 2 way player. Question is - can be become a star?

Don't worry bro. Wiggs always gonna play with edge and something to prove after this.
Meanwhile, in other NBA news...
Greg Oden has reportedly been arrested for battery. http://www.sbnation.com/2014/8/7/5978159/greg-oden-arrested-indiana-battery … Here's the mug shot from @BruceKopp13 pic.twitter.com/7FNcXpVnhl

What a complete waste this guy has become. I wanted him to succeed too. I think he's done.

[ Edited by NeonNiner on Aug 7, 2014 at 1:59 PM ]
He was done years ago, he was fortunate the Heat gave him a chance.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:

Don't worry bro. Wiggs always gonna play with edge and something to prove after this.

He's gonna be fun to watch. I'm glad he went to Wolves instead of Sixers.
Share 49ersWebzone