There are 223 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
They're gonna end up with LeBron, Love, Kyrie, Varejao, Thompson, Waiters, Ray Allen, & Shawn Marion.

but they shouldnt be expected to win it all according to 4ML

definitely THIS
They still need a back up PG unless they're trusting Dellavedova for that role.
They're gonna end up with LeBron, Love, Kyrie, Varejao, Thompson, Waiters, Ray Allen, & Shawn Marion.

As weak as the East is I just dont see how they dont make the finals. Really, the only team that can challenge them is Chicago.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

definitely THIS

If the Cavs aren't at least in the Finals, it's because Lebron got injured.
Between Lavine & Wiggins, the pre-game layup lines in Minnesota are gonna be nuts.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Cavs got raped...lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

lol I didn't say that. I said - a) Outside of Lebron - that core group has not played in a single game of any importance - so they're not going to learn how to win over-night and b) I'm not going to label them favorites before seeing how they play together - all 3 are ball dominant. c) Can Blatt coach in the NBA?!?

Many ex-players and coaches had similar concerns in 2010 when Lebron and Bosh went to Miami...lol
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 7, 2014 at 10:12 AM ]
BOOM!
Between Lavine & Wiggins, the pre-game layup lines in Minnesota are gonna be nuts.

Rubio-Wiggins-Lavine lobs and fast breaks Automatic highlight reel
What are the competitive balance crybabies in Cle gon say now?? Another superteam was just built. No wait, wont nothin be said because of some feel good story. Its coo when its your team tho. Bunch a hypocrites

As a spectator, I wanted em to wait till next offseason and not lose anyone. Oh well, thats Cle for you.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m In Kevin Love deal, Cavs likely to send Wolves the 2015 protected first-rounder it owns via Miami, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
What are the competitive balance crybabies in Cle gon say now?? Another superteam was just built. No wait, wont nothin be said because of some feel good story. Its coo when its your team tho. Bunch a hypocrites

As a spectator, I wanted em to wait till next offseason and not lose anyone. Oh well, thats Cle for you.

Ya, Dan Gilbert was the one crying the loudest when the Lakers traded for Chris Paul.

Commissioner,

It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.

This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.

Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.

I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn't appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard. (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player).

I just don't see how we can allow this trade to happen.

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
I think difference is -

Cavs payed through the nose to acquire Love.

They got raped.

Having said that...Dan Gilbert is a piece of s**t, hypocrite and a douchebag.
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 7, 2014 at 11:02 AM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m In Kevin Love deal, Cavs likely to send Wolves the 2015 protected first-rounder it owns via Miami, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Wow. The Cavs are getting fleeced.

This. I have no idea why they made this trade if they new Love was going to try and sign with them longterm anyway.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yeah, I like this trade for Minny much better. Wiggins is a great piece and the pick will come in handy. They have a nice bright future if they hustle properly.

The Cavs, well they had LBJ already and therefore are expected to compete for championships NOW, no matter what. Love AND Kyrie have to step up defensively big time and stay healthy. Looking at their roster, their depth doesn't seem to be great AND they got a new coach.

Basically, it's the Cavs and I never trust a thing they do.
Share 49ersWebzone