There are 227 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Sucks man.

I realize that the NBA, including Paul George, is playing in LeBron James' world but the NBA losses out on a top tier talent and in reality the only reason to watch Indiana play basketball.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Man you could seriously here a pin drop in that arena after he snapped his leg, it was erie
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
I'm hearing it'll be a 9-12 month recovery for George at the minimum.

Pacers are done. Best chance they had of doing anything this year was Paul taking the next step in his transition to becoming a superstar after they loss Lance.

They need to be in mini rebuild mode. Best case scenario they land a high draft pick in the lottery, have a much better free agency than they did this year next offseason, and hope PG has a successful rehab and comes back strong next year.

Damn...that sucks. But, I'm glad it wasn't Shawn Livingston type of injury where he f**ked up his knee every which way. Those can be career ending or at least career altering injuries. Hopefully he'll come back 100% - that's all matters now.

This.
This injury is why I am a strong advocate of if you play for your country in the Olympics or a world championship tournament you don't pay taxes that year. The least we can do for the athletes that sacrifice themselves for our country. Dude just shattered his leg playing for us for free! Meanwhile the media will be on the hunt for the next pro athlete to mess up so that they can smear them endlessly
  • jrg
  • Veteran
im surprised that base doesn't cause more injuries then not.

Is the base closer for Olympic games ?
@WojYahooNBA: Owners and GMs united tonight: Paul George injury could be tipping point for use of stars in international play. "Game-changer," GM told me.
  • Jiks
@WojYahooNBA: Owners and GMs united tonight: Paul George injury could be tipping point for use of stars in international play. "Game-changer," GM told me.

Was thinking about this when I watched the play at work. This pretty much destroys Indiana's shot at anything. Teams and players alike have something to ponder about.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
On the bright side, that type of injury is still better to come back from than a blown out knee or ankle.
Speedy recovery George, my favorite player.

Depends if there is nerve damage.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Was thinking about this when I watched the play at work. This pretty much destroys Indiana's shot at anything. Teams and players alike have something to ponder about.

This could have happened to any player in team practice or pre-season or the amount of rigorous training some of these players put themselves through during the summer. Are they gonna stop all that?

It's so unfortunate that it happened...period. GMs and owners shouldn't try to use this horrific incident for their own agenda...imho.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Just saw got home and saw what happened. That is f**king negligence. That basket stanchion is a good couple of feet closer to the baseline than a normal hoop is. Ridiculous.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Just saw got home and saw what happened. That is f**king negligence. That basket stanchion is a good couple of feet closer to the baseline than a normal hoop is. Ridiculous.

Yup. 2 feet & 2 inches to be exact. Supposedly that is the reason why the NBA would never have an all-star game there, or put an NBA team there. They can't move the stanchion back either because then it would block the tunnel behind it. Freak accident for sure, but certainly negligent that they never thought this could happen, or they knew it could happen but took the risk anyways.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 2, 2014 at 12:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
On the bright side, that type of injury is still better to come back from than a blown out knee or ankle.
Speedy recovery George, my favorite player.

How is snapping your leg in half better than tearing some ligaments?

Regardless of how long it takes him to get back, hes never going to be the same. Bones are designed to heal when broken, but not to be snapped like a twig.

There is all sorts of nerve and blood vessel damage that could come into play that could easily end his career. Bo Jackson dislocated his hip joint, and the bone severed an artery in his leg that caused the muscles in the hip joint to die, and his career was over.

Torn knee ligaments happen routinely in sports, and there are great odds of making a full recovery from them. Sometimes with injuries like this there is nothing they can do.
Rose looked good
Share 49ersWebzone