There are 195 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

On the bright side, that type of injury is still better to come back from than a blown out knee or ankle.
Speedy recovery George, my favorite player.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Tough luck, hopes he makes it back. Many NBA players will have misgivings about USA basketball in the future. The risk is too great.

Kevin Love is probably thinking this is why he backed out.
Tough luck, hopes he makes it back. Many NBA players will have misgivings about USA basketball in the future. The risk is too great.

Seriously! I wonder what D-Rose is thinking right now. I wish George the best and I hope he comes back better than ever but its some b******t to have something like this happen over a damn scrimmage.
Originally posted by marshulk:
He's never playing again
That was awful. Rip Paul

Not true at all.

I'm betting he is back (as in able to play) within 14-16 months
[ Edited by Quest4six on Aug 1, 2014 at 8:19 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Wow, why did I watch that? My heart goes out to him. That is an awful break.
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Seriously! I wonder what D-Rose is thinking right now. I wish George the best and I hope he comes back better than ever but its some b******t to have something like this happen over a damn scrimmage.

Thus is why I don't want D-Rose playing. He needs to be healthy for the season for the Bulls
Originally posted by tohara3:
Thus is why I don't want D-Rose playing. He needs to be healthy for the season for the Bulls

d rose will get hurt no matter what he does lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
d rose will get hurt no matter what he does lol

Lol
Paul George will play a regular season game before Derrick Rose does

After seeing Paul Georges injury. Derrick Rose heads back to the IR
I'm hearing it'll be a 9-12 month recovery for George at the minimum.

Pacers are done. Best chance they had of doing anything this year was Paul taking the next step in his transition to becoming a superstar after they loss Lance.

They need to be in mini rebuild mode. Best case scenario they land a high draft pick in the lottery, have a much better free agency than they did this year next offseason, and hope PG has a successful rehab and comes back strong next year.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Pacers are done. Best chance they had of doing anything this year was Paul taking the next step in his transition to becoming a superstar after they loss Lance.

They need to be in mini rebuild mode. Best case scenario they land a high draft pick in the lottery, have a much better free agency than they did this year next offseason, and hope PG has a successful rehab and comes back strong next year.

s**t man. What a devastating injury.

I agree, Pacers need to think about a mini rebuild. They're not competing for a championship any time soon, especially after this. They should think about trading some of their older "win-now" players like West and Scola. Get a nice lotto pick, some extra assets to develop, and plan for about 2-3 years from now when George is fully recovered.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Damn...that sucks. But, I'm glad it wasn't Shawn Livingston type of injury where he f**ked up his knee every which way. Those can be career ending or at least career altering injuries. Hopefully he'll come back 100% - that's all matters now.
Pacers just fell to bottom 5 in the East IMO, maybe worse.
Share 49ersWebzone