There are 238 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by GameOver:
I don't think it's his health that scared the Lakers. I think it's their stubbornness to commit any large sum of money to any player beyond 2016 that is holding them back. They need to stop that. Get a team of young core players and leave space for one max player come 2016. Go after Durant. Hope for the best.

Not this, "Let's have all the cap space in the world and pitch to FAs that you can bring your friends and build yourself a dynasty here." I'm not a fan of the route we're currently on.

But that's enough about the Lakers. What's going on with Kevin Love? Why is he still a Wolf? Boons have him trapped in Minnesota or something? Ship his ass Flip!

True, true. I just find it odd not one team submitted an offer sheet to Bledsoe.

Looks like K-Love to the Cavs is a matter of when, not if. It's probably going to go down eventually.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
True, true. I just find it odd not one team submitted an offer sheet to Bledsoe.

Looks like K-Love to the Cavs is a matter of when, not if. It's probably going to go down eventually.

Suns have so much cap room - everyone figured they'll match it no matter what. Suns did a good job of getting that out too. I know Houston said it too - but they are already paying a lot of money to Dwight and Harden so Cuban called their bluff but Suns aren't paying a lot of money to anyone.

...on the Kevin Love front - I feel latest rumors are again from the Wolves to get Warriors to think a deal with Cavs is pretty much done...so if they really want Love - they better offer Klay now. They've tried this a million times already and I'm not believing anything till a deal is done.

IMO - that can be only logical reason to leak this info right now. Cavs can't deal Wiggins for another 23 days...so if Cavs know they're the only ones dealing with Wolves - why offer Wiggins?

Then again - we're talkin' about two incompetent franchises - so who really knows what the fuk they're doing. In a way, it's pointless to make reasonable assumptions.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Suns have so much cap room - everyone figured they'll match it no matter what. Suns did a good job of getting that out too. I know Houston said it too - but they are already paying a lot of money to Dwight and Harden so Cuban called their bluff but Suns aren't paying a lot of money to anyone.

...on the Kevin Love front - I feel latest rumors are again from the Wolves to get Warriors to think a deal with Cavs is pretty much done...so if they really want Love - they better offer Klay now. They've tried this a million times already and I'm not believing anything till a deal is done.

IMO - that can be only logical reason to leak this info right now. Cavs can't deal Wiggins for another 23 days...so if Cavs know they're the only ones dealing with Wolves - why offer Wiggins?

Then again - we're talkin' about two incompetent franchises - so who really knows what the fuk they're doing. In a way, it's pointless to make reasonable assumptions.

Totally agree on the Wolves-Cavs front. If it truly is a one-team race..the Cavs...why on Earth would they give up Wiggins? Makes no sense. K-Love can kill any trade proposal he wants. All he has to do is tell the other team he's not signing an extension with them, and they will back down unless they are OK with a 1-year rental. Wolves are practically forced to deal with the Cavs. They're in no position to demand a prized talent like Wiggins.

But like you said, both franchises are incredibly incompetent, so who knows? Maybe the Cavs throw in Kyrie too for s**ts and giggles. I'm just relieved to know the Warriors are smart enough not to fall for all these sketchy reports being leaked from Minnesota.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 31, 2014 at 12:41 AM ]
Lin.
wow kevin love looks really different as well, but ya lin is
Kevin Love
Lin.
wow kevin love looks really different as well, but ya lin is
Kevin Love

I just realized you added cliff paul. Lol
@EyeOnBasketball: Report: Mason Plumlee 'likely' to make Team USA over DeMarcus Cousins

http://t.co/aBHC2XGVpn

Wtf?
lolwut
  • jrg
  • Veteran
marsh gonna be so mad
  • Jiks
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
@EyeOnBasketball: Report: Mason Plumlee 'likely' to make Team USA over DeMarcus Cousins

http://t.co/aBHC2XGVpn

Wtf?

He's white
Share 49ersWebzone